HybridZ

Pictures of my 810 Hardtop

zcarnut

• 8 months later...

So how are your 810s doing? Mine is still running fine. Just turned 100,000 mi.! I just bought an OEM power antenna from eBay for it. Actually two, one for backup as my original one hadn't worked for about 6 months. Paid $36 for one and $28 for the other including shipping. Both new in original box, never used. It's odd that these showed up on ebay within a week of each other. These have long since been NLA from Nissan but would have cost about $185 each if they had them.

So how are your 810s doing?.... I just bought an OEM power antenna from eBay for it. Actually two, one for backup as my original one hadn't worked for about 6 months. Paid $36 for one and $28 for the other including shipping. Both new in original box, never used. It's odd that these showed up on ebay within a week of each other. These have long since been NLA from Nissan but would have cost about $185 each if they had them.

Hello Steve;

Good to hear from you!

Yeah, I saw those power antennas as well. I picked up my NOS antenna a few years ago on eBay as well. I have seen several on eBay since then and they always get several bids. I didn’t think there were very that many 810 owners. Maybe people think they can be used on other Datsun models(?).

About the ZX steering rack swap I was working on: I have discovered a problem. Because the 810 has a tilt steering wheel, the bottom of the steering column is only supported by the recirculating ball steering box. This is done so the steering column will pivot. But when the stock 810 steering box is removed (as part of the swap) there is no support for the bottom of the steering column.

So, I am trying to modify an early Maxima steering column (which also has tilt) to fit into the 810. The Maxima steering column has a pivot on the firewall support piece for the column. I suppose I could try to use the ZX steering column but it does not have the tilt function. Until I get this problem solved I won’t waste time and effort with the crossmember swap.

.... Just turned 100,000 mi.! ....

Just broken in :)

My old 24E had well over 200K when I replaced it and even then it used very little oil (and it didn’t even leak any oil either). Nissan sure built some durable engines.

From what I read on another site I visit, Joe (240Ztt) is selling the dark blue one in this thread. Too many projects, not enough time, I guess.

Stephen word is spreading fast....thanks again for all the knowledge and parts you let go.

I actually have something else to focus on besides the Z:

BLKJCK_44445_DSCF0734.JPG

That is sweet! Makes me almost think about putting my old butt on a motorcycle again. I hope your 810 finds a good home. I so rarely see them. I see Skylines more often than I see 810s.

Thanks Stephen, you are never to old to ride..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, I've sold my other two Datsuns and the 810 will be up for sale within the next couple of months as well. I haven't set a price yet but the car will come with an extensive collection of hard to find spare parts. Things like an extra center console, dash pad, power antenna, EFI parts, AC parts, etc. I'll post the ad here and on the other Datsun sites I frequent when I get everything together. Ultimately, I plan to buy an 05-06 Pontiac GTO. I realize that's a considerable change but the details of that would be the subject of another thread.

240ztt,

I could swear that front view shows an older PA state insp. sticker. DId you find that 810 in Pennsylvania?

wow I can't believe I missed this post from 3 years ago sorry but yes I purchased it on Ebay from PA.

Well, I've sold my other two Datsuns and the 810 will be up for sale within the next couple of months as well. I haven't set a price yet but the car will come with an extensive collection of hard to find spare parts. Things like an extra center console, dash pad, power antenna, EFI parts, AC parts, etc. I'll post the ad here and on the other Datsun sites I frequent when I get everything together. Ultimately, I plan to buy an 05-06 Pontiac GTO. I realize that's a considerable change but the details of that would be the subject of another thread.

PM sent Stephen :eek::cry2:

• 1 year later...