HybridZ

Raping a Formula Firebird

Hey guy's'

I've just pulled the LT1/T56 and wiring out of a firebird for my 240Z conversion. I want to sell off the firebird body asap but don't want to miss pulling any parts I might need for the conversion. Any common mistakes or something I might miss?

Do I need the braided clutch line?

I'm going to want a/c, i may go with vintage air setup. If I keep the stock setup with GM compressor will I use the firebird a/c hoses?

Thanks.

You might try a search on my name as I have submitted at times on A/C.

The stock LT1 mounts will not work...hit frame. Bad news...good news is that Street and Performance in Mena AR has what you need...bad news around $800 plus a Sandel compressor...just over $200. I used the Hot Rod Air evaporator and parts which are nearly identical to Vintage and their largest evaporator fits like a charm. Total cost was around $1400 with tri function switch on dryer, controls, hoses etc. If you decide to go this way you can email me as needed. John

I would grab that braided clutch line just in case. I remember seeing a thread on here where a guy said he was able to make a Camaro clutch master cylinder work but no pictures. It may have also been an 80s series Camaro so do a search.

Did you grab the cruise control module? I would take it also as well as all the radiator hoses and the electric fan(s).

Can't think of anything else right now but I'd grab everything you can unbolt and then sell or toss what you don't use later.

Wheelman

WS6 has ram air' date=' i believe that is the only difference. Maybe a more agressive spark curve as well?

*edit* one biggie, the WS6 is an LS1, not LT1[/quote']

not true, there are Ws6 LT1's as well. there is someone in my F-body club with a 97 Ws6. They didnt use LS1's til 98.

Guest shawn

what year fire bird?and if you want to cut out all the smog stuff,you need nothing but the motor and trans.youll have to buy a new wiring kit,speed pro makes one for a lt1.engine mounts are only a little over 350$.although i had to make trans mount cause i couldent find one for a five speed.