HybridZ

Well guys, it's official. It's 260 time!

Guest 305240

Guest 305240

Most of you may know that I've been trying to sell a pretty solid 260. It is a complete car. For some reason or another, no one wants it. No problem. I'm taking my 350 Vette engine with a turbo 400 out of my 77 Jag and putting it into the 260.

I had been building a 5.0 72 240. Everything I did to the 240 I can use on the 260. Except the engine and trans of course.

There's more than one way to skin a 260!

It sounds a little like what I did a while back. I was putting a lot of money into a rusted out 1975 280 that did not run. I finally decided to buy a Z that wasn’t really rusty and transfer everything over to it.

This included Modern Motor Sports rear brake conversion

Panasport Wheels and Yokohama Tires

Tokico Springs and struts

A complete carpet kit

A complete MSA body kit etc…

It was the best move I have ever made on my project because now the beat up ole 75 (sitting on jack stands 10 feet away) is my parts car.

By the way I bought my Edelbrock aluminum heads today at the local parts store for the V-8 swap. They will be in tomorrow. ;)

Good Luck on the 260!

Guest 305240

I had it listed local and on zcar.com. I got a lot of inquiries, sent a ton of pics, and only one person looked at it. I really can't figure out why the 260 isn't more sought after. Even in our Z club, no one wants one. At the big Z shows areound here you might see 1 or 2, if any at all. Seriously, the only rust on this is in the battery area. Nothing is rusted thru, just minor pits and surface rust there. Easily taken care of. I started stripping out my 240 today and discovered I had new carpets in the front! Heck, at my age just opening the hood surprises me. I already got a bite on my 77 Jag XJS body. A friend of mine is building a set of JTR mounts for me. Things are looking up!