HybridZ

still no CADDY 472-500 powered (Z)???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! I am thoroughly impressed. I am SERIOUSLY considering this swap! How much total do you have in the motor? What tranny are you running? What kind of rearend are you running? I would like to call you and ask more questions. Anyway, well done!!

I drove it out of the garage today. All i have left is a few electrical wireing problems and rebleed the brakes. I installed a 750 holley with an adaptor and i can still close the hood.[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/101_0132.JPG[/img]

Such a sweet motor install! This looks really great---I'm glad someone had the cajones to put one in!! Nice work :2thumbs:

Davy

Did you have any head work done? Or is it a stock motor. About how much clearance is there when you close the hood? What kind of carb are you using? Please post some more pics if you can. I love this install. Good job Bro!

The holley is a 750 cfm on a stock manifold with 1" spacer. There's about 1/4"

clearance to the hood. This is a stock 69 edorado 472, 10.5 to 1 compression

375 hp@ 4400 rpm, 525 foot pounds of torque@3000 rpm. I put crane valve springs on the heads so it should rev higher than stock. I didn't think i needed any more power just yet. I'll sort out the bugs first. Should be on the road in a week or so.

101_0135.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I like the car... The swap

But man...

You don't share very much info at all, discouraging the swap for others.

Which I guess from your point of view is a good thing. But, I mean, seriously this is a community and why can't some info be shared other than some blatantly obvious facts?

I guess we all have our reasons, so I respect you.

BTW. I really like the car, its so pretty.

Check out this thread.http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=95139

The only thing differant to a small block chevy swap was the motor mount adapter i made up from 4x3" 1/2' plate. I used the stock cad rwd mounts and fabbed my own trans mount from the stock mount , just cut the ends off and welded 1 1/2" square tubing to the mount and 4x4 square plate in the trans tunnel. 100_0885.JPG