HybridZ

Viper V10 engine in a Z

pjo046

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing could EASILY break the 200mph barrier!

lol, I share your enthusiasm but I wouldn't do 200 in it.. without some serious mods in a windtunnel as well as other revisions. He might potentially have the ability to get close to that but I can speak from experience with our car that at 150 a Z is terrifying.. front end gets light in the 120-130 range.. and it's not in a happy place. The one time I have pushed it that far I had an empty 4 lane highway and kept thinking the car was about to turn into a sailplane piloted by an idiot.

Others here (and especially the owner considering he's a racer) are more qualified to speak on it than me, but despite all the reinforcements in ours I wouldn't try 200. A friend has a Kirkham cobra that's a 200 mph car and the prep it took to get it there "safely" is insane.. google "morris clement cobra" if you want to see what it takes, the engine and suspension are just the start..

• Administrators

If there was to be poster child for HybridZ, this is definitely one of the top contenders; :2thumbs: (though there never could be just one.. ) :wink:

lol, I share your enthusiasm but I wouldn't do 200 in it.. without some serious mods in a windtunnel as well as other revisions. He might potentially have the ability to get close to that but I can speak from experience with our car that at 150 a Z is terrifying.. front end gets light in the 120-130 range.. and it's not in a happy place. The one time I have pushed it that far I had an empty 4 lane highway and kept thinking the car was about to turn into a sailplane piloted by an idiot.

Others here (and especially the owner considering he's a racer) are more qualified to speak on it than me, but despite all the reinforcements in ours I wouldn't try 200. A friend has a Kirkham cobra that's a 200 mph car and the prep it took to get it there "safely" is insane.. google "morris clement cobra" if you want to see what it takes, the engine and suspension are just the start..

Do due reality, the information learned from the wind tunnel tests done thus far on the S-30 chassis and lessons learned from the Boneville racing Z cars that "have" indeed broken the 200 MPH barrier and what it took to do so, talk of taking a street driven Z to 200 MPH is just bench racing and will most likely never be done, let alone attempted.

In short, I think we all can safely assume that any talk of 200 MPH in any street driven Z is just that, wild youthful fantasy... nothing to get worked up or technical over, except if it were to be actually attempted... :wink:

In short, I think we all can safely assume that any talk of 200 MPH in any street driven Z is just that, wild youthful fantasy... nothing to get worked up or technical over, except if it were to be actually attempted... :wink:

Time well tell.... we'll see how Rick makes out with his silver state classic car. 200 might be pushing it for that car too, even for a fully prepped high speed street car.