HybridZ

Pro Comp Gauges Installed

DaleMX

When i did mine, i pulled the ring off, then took a pair of pliers and bent the lip strait up and kinda forced it into the stock housing. wasn't very easy at first cracking open a $300 speedo, mounting was another obstacle that involved 1/8'th inch aluminum strap.

I just have the shrink wrap and at times it looks like a dim light may be on, but there is no mistake when the LEDs are on.

As far as the stock housing, it is not a comfortable thing destroying something you just spent a bunch of money on, that's for sure, but the rear housing of the stock tach and speedo is the only housing part you use. After taking the stock cover off, I don't remember having any issues sliding it in or having to grind the case. And having a bunch of wires at the end... sure, but tie the grounds together...

zg1.jpg

zg2.jpg

zg3.jpg

zg4.jpg

zg5.jpg

zg6.jpg

zg7.jpg

I shrinkwrapped my LED's, and I still had the "glowing LED's" with the backlights on, but unfortunatly, I had already soldered my LED wires and no longer had the room to take the gauge apart again. I was going to try some of that 'liquid electrical tape', I figured that should block out most of the light...

As far as the gauge cup goes, I just took a pair of tin snips and cut of the last 1/8" all the way around and made sure it was nice and flat. It fits snug.

Cheers

ryan~

jbc3: What are the specs on the camshaft and what is the displacement of the LT1? Sounds very good. Good job on the conversion. Please advise. Thanks.

It was a 385 stroker 252-258/108 - 610 lift w/1.6 RR Bullet Cam Custom ported Trick Flow Heads, long tube headers. .040 over, Lunati cam, Lunati pro mod rods, Ross pistons. Unfortunately the motor blew apart a couple of months ago. A couple of machine shop guys looked at the block, bearings and crank and they think the block around the front bearing support gave way and the crank broke and took out the front of the block. It had a ton of miles on it and I ran the hell out of it.

I just put a new stock LT1 short block, ported stock Lt1 heads and GM847 cam (had the heads and cam on the garage shelf) . I still have the big cam and TF heads... I had the trick flow heads touched up if you know anyone looking. Both way too big for a stock block, the valve/piston clearance was non existent with the stock pistons.

To stay on the subject of this thread... my gauges and LED signals have been flawless and look exactly the same as these pictures. 4 1/2 years, not bad :-)