HybridZ

guys with autometer gauges, LED bulbs are badass!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Well I dunno about you guys but with my autometer gauges with those little colored covers they always would fade in color over some time.

so i thought i would try these.

Autometer LED bulds.

All my gauges light up blue so i got these in blue.

mainly got them because i have 2 gauges on the outside of my gauge and sometimes its hard to read them in rain and etc.

THERE BRIGHT!

849_p74694.jpg

BUT pricey!!!

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=386803&prmenbr=361

im sure theres non-autometer LED's that are WAY cheaper, but im a moron.

ill look for cheaper ones now and post what i find.

but these things will make a BIG difference for me

mike

Guest ON3GO

what LED's you get from that site?

im going with the oval ones.. should spread the light out wider.

let me know how you like them and post pics!

mike

what LED's you get from that site?

im going with the oval ones.. should spread the light out wider.

let me know how you like them and post pics!

mike

Will do' date=' once I get them in... Here is what I got from them:

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents Item Name: [img']http://images.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif[/img] Single LED Item Options: pixel.gif Color: Red

Lens: Oval Wide Angle pixel.gif Item Number: pixel.gif 194 pixel.gif Quantity: pixel.gif 12 pixel.gif Total: pixel.gif $29.88 USD

Guest ON3GO
Mike' date='

Thanks for link bro i just ordered 12 of green ones. I just hope that they work fine on my phantom series gauges because i could really use more light on my outside gauges.

Ivan[/quote']

ya im in the same boat.

i have 2 phantom gauges on the cowl and at night or in the rain i couldnt see much.

well i could but not as much as i wanted to.

mike

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys here is the result:

Oval wide angle is NOT the way to go for autometer gauges. I put first one on my electric water temp gauge and difference was just plain amaizing beautifull color and much brighter and clear (but not really really bright). Next on i put on my boost gauge and it actually came out worst than stock bulbs. Angle is wide but actuall bulb nose is sitting in too deep so basicly to get it to work right you have to loosen the clip (that plugs in the back of gauge) and pull it out slightly then it works ok but not practial at all basiclly you would have to keep the bulb somewhat loose and TAPED to gauge. In my opinion it would be better to go with Inverted Lenses (type) because they throw light from sides and thats the way autometer gauges work best or if money no issue then just go with 5LED Matrix Bulbs for $7 a piece those would most likely work the best.

Ivan

• 2 years later...

J, did you ever put these in your gauges? I just ordered some of the inverted lense LED's for my gauges. When I have the dash out soon to rewire the car I will be installing them. I will post pics of these lenses to show the results. Autometer wants $13 a bulb! That's just crazy!

Guy

Guy, I ended up removing the red LED's from the Tac & Speedo, and left them in the center gauges. I could not read the rpm and speed very well, due to it being just a red haze using those red LED's.

I think they would have worked for me if the correct bulb pattern were chosen.

• 3 months later...

Well I put in the INVERTED LED bulbs from autoillumination.com. I bought the blue ones. I think they are 10x better than regular bulbs. I can actually see my gauges at night now! Not to mention the blue is much brighter in color.

BAD picture but...

P1270020.JPG

P1270019.JPG

P1270018.JPG

Guy

Guy, I ended up removing the red LED's from the Tac & Speedo, and left them in the center gauges. I could not read the rpm and speed very well, due to it being just a red haze using those red LED's.

I think they would have worked for me if the correct bulb pattern were chosen.

J,

Do you have any pix? I was thinking of going the red route til I read your post.