HybridZ

When in doubt, Bling it out!

Guest JAMIE T

OK big question on that part; What's the part#? Where did you get it? How much was it?

I hope I have the patience to do this level of detail when I start my project.:-D

I am actually contacting my distributor on this part right now, he will get back to me on this shortly, probably after a week since all the guys at GReddy are at SEMA right now.

Guest JAMIE T

I don't know the part number of the GREDDY clear cover. It came off Stony's race motor when bought it. I guess he either bought a new one, or thought it was too ricey or something. I think it looks cool. I cleaned it up with some plastic polish and called it good.

Thanks guys for the compliments! As I said earlier, the motor is completely disassembled now and the block is about to be bored out. The crank is getting replaced with a R33 part and getting shot-peened, polished, and knife edged. The rods are either getting re-worked or replaced with Crower pieces.

Or' date=' like they said in the 60's. If it don't go, chrome it.

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/rb261.jpg[/img]

rb263.jpg

rb262.jpg

rb264.jpg

As you see, the balancer isn't for bling. The cam gears are nice. And, talk about affordable! The valve covers are going to be painted the car color or powdercoated anthracite metallic.

The chrome looking parts are actually powdercoated. Tiger, Xtreme Chrome. You'll see finger prints on some of the parts. I didn't wipe them before taking the pics. My dad built customs in the 50's and 60's. His moto back then was "If it doesn't make the car faster, chrome it". Today, we know this as "Bling". We need to realize that bling has always been around. We just have hip hop rappers to thank for making one word to describe it.

Aside from making the engine look great...

Matt, what do you think of making a wheel for the crank trigger that bolts to the front of the balancer using the PS pump pulley holes? I'm gonna need to move the sensor from in front of the oil pick-up point also. I'm gonna do like Joel and James are doing with the external oil pick-up. I think that's a great ideal. I'm gonna load the instructions from SDS' website to see what matters in mounting the wheel and sensor.

damn!