HybridZ

- VIDEO - Heres a short video of my High Compr. MSnS turbo 280Z

OMG' date=' SleeperZ is back. I thought you disappeared. I thought about emailing you a couple times to see if you were still around.

I've made some changes to my setup since I talked to last time about the oil cooler stuff.

Welcome back.[/quote']Thanks. Let me know how you do at Bandimere if you go. I'm just going to be running road courses, the dragging is out of my system.

Great video!! Love the sound of the car.

So looks like we are a bunch of Colorado guys here....Brian' date=' Proxlamus, SleeperZ and me - cool! Are you guys making it to the Z show in Denver this weekend?

Yasin[/quote']Hehehe, my Z is not something that shows well, unless on the track. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet. Whats the engine compression you car running and how much boost, are you running a turbo block (f54 engine block)? Do you have another thread for this? I might want to attemp the same thing when I do an engine rebuild VERY soon.

I thought the stock compression for the l28 w/ n47 head was about 8.3X:1 (or some where in the 8s) which was about the ideal engine compression for a turbo. I could be wrong though.

I know no one here cares much for hondas/acuras but I have a magazine that has an acura w/ a 10:1 compression and a turbo and they said that they need to put more fuel in to keep the engine from running to hot, or something like that.

Those Honda people really like to push higher compression ratios. The more modern heads have reduced detonation I suppose, but they like to boost factory engines as well. Just intercool it and use high octane fuel, and they are relatively safe I suppose. And they like to run them on the lean side as well, sometimes as high as 13:1, I'm not surprised they need to richen the mixture to keep a 10:1 compression engine alive, I bet the air-air intercooling just cannot keep the temperatures low enough.