HybridZ

anyone use a titan v8 yet?

Guest Battle Pope

Well, seeing as how the VK53DE is basically a VK45DE with a different stroke, and the VK45 is based on the VH45 from the Infiniti Q45, just look for info on the VH45DE swap.

The major differences are the newer V8s don't have VVT.

I remember talking to Kyle (owner) of ZDriver.com last year and he told me he wanted to do a Titan engine swap. I know he was working on a TT V6 Z engine swap, but I have not followed the build, so I'm not sure if he finished, dumped it, or what. The Titan motor is next on his list tho...

Davy

i am a little ignorant to the numbers for the numbers but i think i got the idea.... you are saying that basically, a swap of the titan motor should be about the same as doing the motor from Q45 right. motors are internally different but the same mounts and bell housings? biggest reason that may be helpfull is that i was told that a pathfinder five speed would bolt up to the Q45 motor with little trouble and had the same pilot/spline/input size.

he he he, at Inland Valley's First Car Show three or so years ago, they had an "introduction" Titan out for display. Myself and several others were out there with a tape measure and the salesman came up asking us what we were doing.

he about had a cow when we told him we were sizing it up for a swap into an early Z...

My thought on it as installed in the Titan, while narrow enough to fit, it is a TALL engine, and with the sump configuration would be almost impossible to do without reconfiguring that section of the engine.

yeap. we've NEVER EVER seen pictures of the twin turbo vh45 motor in the blue 240z, even though the person who originally received the photos from the owner of the car posted them HERE first.

I've got a fever, and the only cure is more blue Z.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one, but man! I love my Titan! Talk about a strong motor. Mine is an SE 4x4 CC but will still pull like no tomorrow and sounds incredible to.

I think that my wife has finally given up any hopes of me ever growing up - I'm always looking for a place to wind it out a bit just to hear it! Good thing I married an understanding woman.

Uh...so I guess that I like the idea of a swap :)

Bryan

Dat240zg

yeap. we've NEVER EVER seen pictures of the twin turbo vh45 motor in the blue 240z, even though the person who originally received the photos from the owner of the car posted them HERE first.

too bad we only see pictures of that car, would love to see it in action.

• 3 weeks later...