HybridZ

Hi Perf VH45 parts

John Dixon

I haven't seen anyone making big power out of them other than some guy running methanol in Oz. Without raising the CR alot or shortening the stroke to get alot more revs. If you have links please post them. I have been doing alot of searching.

600 rwhp on pump would keep me happy for a while. Shouldn't be a problem with 20-22 psi with a T72. And with high octane, 28 psi. Basically the boost I run on the 7M. I want a little more grunt off boost and a broader power band that only more displacement will give, 50% more and another 1000 rpms :D. I know that 2JZ guys max out the afm voltage around 550 rwhp. I don't know what it would be on the VH considering it was never a turbo but I don't want to spend alot of time learning and tunning one system to find it won't have the ability to read the volume of air needed for 600 rwhp.

they're estimating about 500-600 hp out of this one http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/

there's a guy with a Q45 that was running 7 psi on a supercharger with 100 shot of nitrous on an engine with over 100K miles.

there was another Q45 guy with 275 shot of nitrous setup on his car (i believe 175 dry, 100 wet) that would make for right under 600 hp on pretty much stock everything.

here's another one but i believe this guy modified the engine a bit http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic52633.htm

When adding N20 you add extra fuel with it so the factory efi wouldn't matter there. I know mileage doesn't matter as you don't let them knock. I had 190k on my 7M.

The guy with 765 crank at 18 psi sounds about right. There are alot of turboed / SC 4.6 Fords making about that and more with similar displacement. I know the 1uzfe is popular with Toy guys and there are a few making around 2000hp(not stock). Stock they are only 260 hp. The stroke is the same, just a little smaller bore. Most of the street turboed ones run copper HG's to drop the CR. That might be an option but I would rather run lower CR pistons.

yeah, i'd like to run a 9:1 compression ratio personally. retain a little bit of low end but be able to really boost the thing as well. should definitely be very fun. my current plans are to control it all using the romulator. you can have an incredibly powerful setup tuning the stock ecu.

• 1 month later...