HybridZ

want a 3.9 LSD anyone?

Leith280zlt1

Do you know what material they are using for the spacers? Thanks.

I called Precision Gear and they said that the LS assembly is a sealed unit. I assume that if when you get it and open the case it voids the warranty. I don't know how to check what it has inside it because they don't have anything about it on their website. Sorry. Wish I could tell you. I'm assuming that it is very similar to the stock units, whatever they have in them. The setups come straight from Japan and even Precision Gear doesn't open them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$50 was a guess at the price of an 8' stick of tube, and you can cut a couple hundred spacers from one stick. I bought mine from Mat73GNZ. I think I paid him $20. For me it was worth it because I have other projects going on and I didn't want to buy a stick and have to sell a bunch of spacers to get my money back out of it. I believe he used a stick of stainless tubing, but it doesn't need to be stainless. Could be any steel really. Not likely to rust in there.

Project,

Shipping a r200 with the LSD installed to Gilbert AZ would be 641.55+tax because I have to charge tax. That is the price if you send me your differential with whatever gears you have in it. That would mean you have to ship your diffy to me for another 38.60. I'll install it for you for free and ship it back to you. If you want me to get you a differential with 3.9 gears, you can help me find one or I'll look around locally and you can pay whatever cost I get it for. Hope that is reasonable.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yeah I'd Rather Just Buy The Diff From You.... I Have To Have My Diff In Ym Car Cause Its A Driver. I Don't Mind Any Gearing Between 3.545 And 3.9..... I'd Prefer To Have The Spacers Installed Also.

I just learned that these LS assemblies are a two way LS just in case anyone wants to know. They do not offer a 1.5 way limited slip. Sorry.

What effect does this play on a LSD?

Leith, I have a 4:11 R200 here in Lake Charles, La. that I can send you to do the install for me. As long as it gets set up properly, with no whine or gear slop, I'm in for your deal asap..... Please PM me with the details.

thanks

joel

The term "two-way" refers to when it locks up. 1-way means it only locks during acceleration. 1.5-way means it locks up during acceleration and some while braking. 2-way means it locks fully both ways. Either one you are always have the "limited slip" while turning. Hope you can get the general idea with that explanation.

The 4.11 gears are no problem. You can just send me the diff and I can install the LS assembly.

I think this might answer some people's question about whether or not I will need to make "bolt spacers" for your diff. There is a lot of good info at this link. It says that they changed from 10mm to 12mm in "84. I will have to make spacers for any differential up until that point. Hope this can help. I know this link is in other places on this site but I think it may help some of you who are deciding which diff. you are going to send me.

Leith I want one too. If you can find a carrier let me know. I want a 3:70 ratio if possible. If I were back home I could send you my 411 but Im in Japan. What are the chances of getting this done and shipped to San Angelo 76901? I need it for my 280BBC.

Terry

• 2 months later...
Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Well I Just Got One From Leith A Couple Weeks Ago.... All I Can Say Is Great Service/patience (problems On My End) And A Awesome Product. Can't Wait To Get This Thing Broken In And Start Driving It Hard.

FYI, If anyone is concerned about using or not using spacers on the 10mm bolts (for the carriers with 12mm thru holes), give Precision Gear a call and talk to them. We discussed this issue once before. Precision Gear will tell you they are not necessary! The ring gear will not rotate if the ring gear bolts are properly torqued. Again, if you feel more comfortable installing spacers, be very certain they are not too long....and for sure use loc-tite on the ring gear bolts.

Are you still doing this installation? I have a 700R4 transmission.72 w/ 350 and R180 open rear end. Would really like to get a r200 LSD.

Would your installation include seals, etc?

Please let me know if it is still available. Thanks.

Dave Philippi

d-phlip

Thanks guys for your support. I hope no one is having any problems. I just recently put the 4.11 gears in mine and they feel absolutely awesome with the limited slip. It make such a difference.

The deal is still available. What I'm doing now is a little different. I'm selling the limited slips for the same price, $602.95. I have some used differentials here that I'm selling for $120 apiece for. If you want to send me yours, I'll trade it for one that I already have rebuilt because it's easier for me. I'll sell the rebuilt ones for $60 if you decide to do a trade in. So, it's $120 straight up and $60 trade. The rebuilt ones are completely rebuilt and cleaned. I do take the pinion gear out and check all the bearings. Then I paint them either red or black with industrial high temp paint depending on what color you want. Also, if it needs new seal or if you want to put new ones on anyway, I can get those for about 15 apiece OEM or about 5 apiece generic seals depending on how much you want to try and save.

I have a couple 3.9s, one 3.7, and one 3.5 right now if anyone is interested. If you want the 3.7 or the 3.5 I would like to get one back the same gear ratio on trade. We can work something out in that case. I do not have any 4.11 gears right now but I will look for some more soon.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Thanks for your support and good feedback again guys.

could i get anything lower then a 3.5? (not sure if datsun made anything lower).

i have a 3.5 R200 NON LSD and its okay but i thought i would ask.

also how far away are you from Houston?

mike