HybridZ

Thought this would be funny.. Count down to SEZ for Ole Blue Z and Houston Z guys!

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the exhaust manifold all done with the egt weld in bung... (thanks Cam!)

T-body is done.

intake manifold is all done.

things are looking good.

mike

You guys make me feel like a slacker.

All I have to do is install new, bigger flares for big drag radials and I feel like I'm thrashing. And the Porker will probably still be in black primer.

You guys are animals!

It will be good to see you there.

ya ive lost almost 10lbs since i started to get my stuff and everybodys elses crap in order and done.. plus stress like a mofo.

everyday almost for the last 3 or so weeks has been a non-stop work on my Z stuff and J's Z. and for the last 4 or so days its been Teds Z car that has been getting all the attention. its been pretty fun :)

we are going full speed on our stuff though, and thanks.

your Z car is one of the main reasons why i wanna go to sez... i just love your car and i cant wait to see it in person.

mike

okay heres some pics..

parts parts parts.. all which need to be installed on the Z... :(

powdercoated ported and polished N42 intake.

check out the ported and polished 240sx t-body and its neat little mod... shaft is cut and should flow better.

849_p87082.jpg

849_p87083.jpg

849_p87084.jpg

yes i no it needs to be cleaned out :).

849_p87086.jpg

849_p87088.jpg

spec stage 4 clutch and 10lb spec flywheel.

849_p87087.jpg

and for Yasin.. my work place.

849_p87089.jpg

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
okay heres some pics..

parts parts parts.. all which need to be installed on the Z... :(

powdercoated ported and polished N42 intake.

check out the ported and polished 240sx t-body and its neat little mod... shaft is cut and should flow better.

849_p87082.jpg

849_p87083.jpg

849_p87084.jpg

yes i no it needs to be cleaned out :).

849_p87086.jpg

849_p87088.jpg

spec stage 4 clutch and 10lb spec flywheel.

849_p87087.jpg

and for Yasin.. my work place.

849_p87089.jpg

mike

should talk your boss into hiring me to be ya'lls volvo tech!

I'm almost ready. Its running and on the road but the rear-end needs to

be replaced and I have to redo my fuel cell box, change spark plugs, change oil, and make a 3" exhaust before I make the trip. Then just tune it alittle, fill with gas (take out a loan for that), and help build on3go's and 73turbo240z's z's.

Mike... find that paint thread for ole blue.. i'll send you all the pics from day one. So ugh... raise your hand if your loosing sleep over the Z's?

*(raises both hands)*

As for your list

Door seals

cowl rubber bumper pieces (they accept the cowl into the body)

TC boots (might as well get 2)

That's all i can think of off the top of my head I'm about to go do final sand before color on it, I'll let you know if i find anything else.

-Ed

OH yeah.. I have a demo logo

headgasket is in hand.. THANK U Juan V8dats!!! love ya!!!!

what a friend!!!!!!!!!

i got pretty much everything ready.. now i just gotta hope i get it done in time, and my turbo holds together.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

LOL so many setbacks lately between all our cars... as it sits right now i've loaned out my intercooler, given my rear end away, and am hocking 300zx parts as they're needed by other houston guys.

i'll be lucky to have my car ready in time @ this rate... i really need to make some $$$ so i can get these last few tidbit parts.

Guest 73Turbo240z
It'll come together... if ya need 280 engine parts me me know.. i have spare manifolds and a complete engine in my garage.

-Ed

off the top of my head' date=' and for a 280zxt motor if it matters...

coolant inlets and outlets, can't seem to find mine.

ZXT oil feed line that i can take measurements off of to start fabbing my custom feed line for the holset...

i think thats it, possibly the big bolt that plugs a hole near the driverside #6 cylinder (closest to firewall) if i can't locate mine in the bolt bins.

Hey 73turbo240z if you need an intercooler or rear-end let me know since my turbo is out of commision at the moment. :twak:

lol parts that formerly were residing my garage... thats irony! lets just hope you score that other NPR and this 300zx rear end pans out for my car, otherwise i've screwed myself out of parts since aparently this R180 has a snowballs chance in hell of living through my motor.

biggest challenge to this car, and what scares me the most, is the MSnS install and tune... we have mikes LM1 to tune off of, i've got an MSnS v2.2 setup, but still... wiring it up, and hoping i get it right the 1st time on a brand new fully built motor... it's nerve racking.

Also the MSnS write up doesn't say the part numbers for the GM 02 or IAT sensors... so dunno what to make of that.

Gotta love stress.

Also the MSnS write up doesn't say the part numbers for the GM 02 or IAT sensors... so dunno what to make of that.

You get those from the actual "MegaManual" at megasquirt.info, in the wiring and sensors section.

You can use the factory O2, even the IAT if you gut the afm, but the GM one is much easier.

Mario

Guest 73Turbo240z
You get those from the actual "MegaManual" at megasquirt.info' date=' in the wiring and sensors section.

You can use the factory O2, even the IAT if you gut the afm, but the GM one is much easier.

Mario[/quote']

I have a new bosch 02, might see if i can use that, i think it's a 4 wire also. I don't have an AFM to begin with, so a GM sensor doesn't bug me as long as i can get a part number to go hit up the local o'riellys with.

off the top of my head' date=' and for a 280zxt motor if it matters...

coolant inlets and outlets, can't seem to find mine.

ZXT oil feed line that i can take measurements off of to start fabbing my custom feed line for the holset...

i think thats it, possibly the big bolt that plugs a hole near the driverside #6 cylinder (closest to firewall) if i can't locate mine in the bolt bins.

[/quote']

I have a 77 280z motor.. N/A can't help you with the turbo parts. Sorry.