HybridZ

Thought this would be funny.. Count down to SEZ for Ole Blue Z and Houston Z guys!

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spec Stage 4 clutch and Lightweight flywheel is on the way' date=' along with a nissan comp headgasket from my GREAT buddie Juan V8dats on here

mike[/quote']

Hey Mike, what happen to the used HKS 1mm headgasket I gave you awhile back, didn't hold up, or was it used on another car?

Sounds like you'll be going at least.....

the HKS gasket leaked... worked fine for abit.. i have it hanging up on my wall :)

the Z is coming along.. i hope it get it done.

heres my newest update.

porsche wheels are for my VW MK1 Rabbit, the swats are for my drag radials for the blue Z...

PDR_1935.JPG

Guest 73Turbo240z
the HKS gasket leaked... worked fine for abit.. i have it hanging up on my wall :)

the Z is coming along.. i hope it get it done.

heres my newest update.

porsche wheels are for my VW MK1 Rabbit' date=' the swats are for my drag radials for the blue Z...

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/PDR_1935.JPG[/img]

yep, turned out just about as hideous as we all thought they would lol.

ill try my hardest scottie.. but with a blown T3, bad tranny, shot rear end, stock real old half shafts and Drag radials on green wheels i dunno if i can do that well.

but ****.. ill try my hardest to break something!

mike

ill try my hardest scottie.. but with a blown T3' date=' bad tranny, shot rear end, stock real old half shafts and Drag radials on green wheels i dunno if i can do that well.

but ****.. ill try my hardest to break something!

mike[/quote']

Well if you don't then they way my car has been going I will.:twisted: I just drove it for 2 hrs on some nice backroads with nothing breaking. I did find out though something was already broken I just never noticed. My brake booster is not working up to par so thats why my brakes are on par with the flinestone era brakes.:twak: Junk yard here I come.

Guest 73Turbo240z
phatyo.gif

Does'nt matter if he can back it up with a timeslip. You can back it up with a good timeslip' date=' right Mike?

Mike? Mike? No pressure![/quote']

i think there could be a little friendly wagering going on for fastest representation of h-town presuming all person's stated attend.

i'll contend that i'll be the fastest Z from h-town by no less than .2 in the 1/4 presuming i slap the car together in time.

my fears... mikes slicks... and teds having a 2 week shake down head start minimum on us.

Guest 73Turbo240z

3502_p88411.jpg

got a ways to go... current need to do:

- Find 3.5" v-band clamp, v-band flange, and 90* or better bends...

- Find 440+ cc injectors (6) that will work w/ megasquirt, debating low imp or high, don't wanna burn my box up

- Get said injectors so i can finish installing my fuel rail

- Acquire and install all needed MSnS sensors onto a block i've never seen assembled in it's entirety

- Install motor mounts/coolant inlet/outlet

and that's just to get the damn motor ready to go in, not counting the other stuff. and then theres still the fact i'm wearing a decrepit old R180 that has a snowballs chance in _____ of living through this motor.

Guest 73Turbo240z

cool, my old volvo contacts paid off... scored a set of third gen supra turbo injectors w/ pig tails... and he's in arizona, so they should arrive pretty quickly.

got a good diff today.

got a all new rebuilt never used 280zx n/a 5-speed today :)

got a few other parts too.

still have a bad turbo and everything else :(

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
motor is 100% done now.

standalone is on its way.

i started getting my wiring in order.

things are looking up.

little time though :(

mike

is it still up @ DRC? i need to come take measurements of your oil supply line and routing so i can fab somthing up for this holset.

lol engine has to be painted again as its not gonna look good with the color of the car.

car is coming to the shop friday, stripe wont be painted on yet, will be as soon as i get some drive time and before the SEZ event.

valve covers will prob be here monday.

pretty much everything i need will be here this week coming up.

hope to have it running by the 3rd :)

mike