HybridZ

Thought this would be funny.. Count down to SEZ for Ole Blue Z and Houston Z guys!

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ya use enough silicone on the oil pan? :eek2::wink:

J/K....looks like you are making good progress....

lol my oil pan is in bad shape so i sorta went over bored..

then took way to much time cleaned it all off and making it look like theres no crap there any more.

i forgot to take a pic of that though lol.

im the silicone master!

mike

p.s. thanks tim!

so got car back today from Ed's house.

after work at 7 i put the car on the lift and me and my friend david went to town.

got the lowering springs on, tokico struts in, new rear end in and filled, and some new bushings in.

after clean up i left work at 2am and i just got home at 2:40am.

car sits so low, and it doesnt even have doors, hatch, interior, gas tank, driveshaft, tranny, engine, hood, etc etc lol.

anyways heres some pics..

and heres a little something for the site, hope my car is good enough to sport the custom badge i came up with :)

tomorrow fuel lines come out and new ones go in, engine gets installed along withe tranny and etc. should knock most out tomorrow.

mike

PDR_1950.JPG

PDR_1958.JPG

PDR_1980.JPG

PDR_1965.JPG

I'm not worthy. My z is not worth of being seen with your car. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter since you are going to be in my rearview mirror anyways.:twisted: Looking good mike. The blue turned out better than I thought. Make sure you don't have anything underneath that car when you put the engine and other stuff on the car you might squish it. Even if its just a bolt. I hope its not too low and you have lost all your suspension travel.:confused2 Good luck tom.

Guest 73Turbo240z
I thought you were going to put a silver stripe on it?

time contraints limited the paintjob to what it is now... it will be just that color.

tonight i got the engine, tranny, driveshaft in.

starter is one, downpipe is on.

started gutting all the old wiring out of the car, and started the fuel lines.

pics tomorrow.

mike

heres some pics like i promised.

car is gonna sit real low, :).

took a break for tonight as im real tired of working on that car.

for the last week pretty much its been everyday from after work (6pm) till about 3am of non stop working on the car.

tonight ill sit back and do nothing.

tomorrow is rest of fuel lines, and wiring.

849_p89456.jpg

849_p89457.jpg

849_p89458.jpg

849_p89459.jpg

849_p89460.jpg

what ya guys think so far?

mike

looking good mike!

its a good idea to take a break every now and then...you might just get some new ideas or solve some problems while your on downtime. personally, I've been waiting for me turbo rebuild kit from turbonetics for about three weeks now and have not done a thing on my car...then again, im not trying to make it to SEZ! boo and hiss.

Guest 73Turbo240z

yea.... not as low as i figured... looks like a fine ride height to me... though i suppose once the doors and front valence is on the game might change a bit...

were all making some damn good progress! though you've jumped ahead by leaps and bounds mike.. this 4.5" vband delimma i'm in may really screw me.

now ya just gotta cave in and trade me tires, i'll even loan ya my 14's for the blue to roll around on! :evilgrin:

desided ill be getting up at 4am and start working on the Z from 4:30 til 1:30pm till work starts. tomorrow night i might just relax and drink a few..

getting really burnt out between this and work.

order my door seals, half dash cap, and a few other little things..

yah what fun!

lol

mike