HybridZ

Track Car Progress, PICS

mark

Sparks, I'm still at the same place. I don't think the local law enforcement would appreciate the Z on the roads around here. You are welcome to come by the house.

Heavy, I have a little head and cam work. It dyno'd at 380 hp at the wheels.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sparks, I'm still at the same place. I don't think the local law enforcement would appreciate the Z on the roads around here. You are welcome to come by the house.

Heavy, I have a little head and cam work. It dyno'd at 380 hp at the wheels.

... and the weight?

Reason I ask is I'm curious with these relative time slips how your car compares to mine.

Cameron

What tyres did you run on? And what suspension are you running? Brakes? Or is the magic in the combo the person behind the steery thing?

Dave

It's all the car. Kuhmo V700's, Arizona Z suspension and brakes. No rear bar. The brakes work about every other turn. :mrgreen:

Hey Bain,

I had several people this past weekend come up to the car and ask "where is Bain?". I've heard alot of great things about your car from Tom and John. I've seen pictures and am looking forward to seeing it in person.

I did not realize my fanclub was going to be there...hahaha Don't believe Tom and John, They are just trying to make me feel good about my junkpile. Thanks guys

I did not realize my fanclub was going to be there...hahaha Don't believe Tom and John, They are just trying to make me feel good about my junkpile. Thanks guys

When is the next shake down at CMP? I would love to take a look at your car. It ain't junk in the pics I have seen.

When is the next shake down at CMP? I would love to take a look at your car. It ain't junk in the pics I have seen.

Thanks, I am trying to go next Wednesday the 28th. If the weather is good, and nothing pressing at work I plan to be there all day. I am still in the shakedown process. I have not even dynoed or tuned it. I am sure there is more power in her. Can you make it?

Thanks, I am trying to go next Wednesday the 28th. If the weather is good, and nothing pressing at work I plan to be there all day. I am still in the shakedown process. I have not even dynoed or tuned it. I am sure there is more power in her. Can you make it?

Unfortunately work will not allow me to get away that day. Good luck at the track. I think Tedder is planning to go down that day.

Unfortunately work will not allow me to get away that day. Good luck at the track. I think Tedder is planning to go down that day.

I understand, I would like to see molre pics of your z. Email me at bain@seaboardindustrial.com and we can trade build pics if you like.

Will you be attending the asphalt ventures vir event around Thanksgiving?

Mark - If your ever in the Midwest it would be fun to run against you. Mine is about the same weight and has a stock '02 LS1 with full slicks etc. so it should in the ballpark with yours with a little less power which I hope to fix over the winter. Mine doesn't look nearly as pretty though.

Cameron

What track is between IL and NC?

Mark - If your ever in the Midwest it would be fun to run against you. Mine is about the same weight and has a stock '02 LS1 with full slicks etc. so it should in the ballpark with yours with a little less power which I hope to fix over the winter. Mine doesn't look nearly as pretty though.

Cameron

What track is between IL and NC?

Not sure. Guess that's kind of a black hole for road courses? I read about a new track in Kentucky. My brother lives in Ohio so I could probably have my arm twisted to go to Mid-Ohio. Also depends on which side of NC your on because the coast is a good drive from here.

Cameron

Great looking car and fast.. Reading your post is CMP your local track? Or do you come up to VIR or down to Roebling? I used to drive/instruct with Tarheel and other clubs in the area... Got out of it about 8 years ago. It's a long story involving a ex wife.... But I've been building a LS1 240Z for street and track for about 3 years. I'm hoping to get it on track late next year...Thanks for the thread it makes me want to get out there in the garage:)..