HybridZ

240Z turbo swap troubles?

g686

My 240z with a 82zx turbo motor wont rev. It idles fine around 750-1000 rpm and very smooth, but it as soon as I give it any gas at all the revs fall and it almost dies, it also backfires if you hold the throttle long enough. when i let go of the throttle it idles fine.

I have checked all of the electrical connections.

I changed the O2 sensor

I have tested the AFM and it seems to be working properly

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I would double check the AFM. Sounds kinda like the problem I had with mat's car. It would start and run pretty damn good but if you gave it any gas at all it hated it but would eventually rev up with some coaxing. The afm spring had gotta off by alot (dropped perhaps i dunno). Anyway tightened it up and wah la.

Also have you checked the timing?

I took the j-pipe off from the turbo to the manifold, when I opened the throttle body it seemed to suck in alot of air, but as soon as it was opened more than a couple of degrees the rpms dropped and it started to ilde very rough and stumble alot?

I cant tell if its not getting enough air or if its not getting enough gas?

I changed out the TPS with a working one from another car and it didn't solve the problem at all.

I think it could be running lean because when I squirted gas into the AFM with a squirt boddle it reved up good?

So I was wondering what could cause that lack of gas?

I made the AFM almost as rich as it could go and it didn't make a difference?

I am at a total loss right now?