HybridZ

OK GUYS Z32 tranny on an L28 . . .

Garrett76Zt

Just want to keep this thread updated . . .

The first run should be ready this next week and then I'll have more info on when Mark will have them in stock for future purchases.

I'm also going to start a new thread with pics and whatnot of the install.

It may have been said in some of the previous 6 pages but for anyone that dosnt know the z32 tranny internals are pretty much identical to the r33 gts t tranny everyone is using for rb swaps which is identicle to the gtr awd tranny minus the transfer box.

I apologize if this was allready mentioned

Stony

How much does the bellhousing modification cost?

Well the bell needs to be machined so that the adaptor countersinks into it. You can either ship it to Mazworx or take yours to a local machinist with the adaptor and have them do it. So price is gonna vary.

Well the bell needs to be machined so that the adaptor countersinks into it. You can either ship it to Mazworx or take yours to a local machinist with the adaptor and have them do it. So price is gonna vary.

Garrett,

I will prolly do it locally. How much for the adaptor? Do you know or is it best that I contact Mazworx?

cool, then it looks like i will be able to pick up a T5 pretty cheap then.

you guys must be making 500+ horsepower if you have T5 troubles. i cant find anything it wont handle. hundreds of drag launches never a problem. now my 1990 twin turbo on the other hand lasted only 5 passess before i lost second gear. must have been the weight of the 300zx.

what clutch do you guys run?

cool' date=' then it looks like i will be able to pick up a T5 pretty cheap then.

you guys must be making 500+ horsepower if you have T5 troubles. i cant find anything it wont handle. hundreds of drag launches never a problem. now my 1990 twin turbo on the other hand lasted only 5 passess before i lost second gear. must have been the weight of the 300zx.

what clutch do you guys run?[/quote']

I've had 3 borg warner trannies in my car and was always killing syncros in them. They are notchy and everone thats got one for sale wants a rediculous amount of money for one. I like the KA tranny 10 times better than the BW.

Anyways I run a ACT 6-puck Copper Ceramic disc with a Clutchmasters pressure plate.

420whp should be enough to get my car into the 10's

cool' date=' then it looks like i will be able to pick up a T5 pretty cheap then.

what clutch do you guys run?[/quote']

Hey Shane, Long time no see on here.

Surprised your having such good luck with the T-5. I had great luck with mine for several years until I put in the JWT system and got some bigger tires. After that I have had syncro troubles. Admittly (sp) the sysncro proublems are proubly related to me more than anything else. It just doesn't want to be speed shifted at the track.

Hope your doing good.

Hey Cody, glad to see the JWT system is doing good for ya. i actually really regret selling that unit. it worked so flawlessly for me. after doing both the SDS and JWT i'll go back to JWT next time.

My new project is an 82 280zxt and i am shootinf for 11's on the stock turbo :)

As far as my T5 experience goes, the only time i ever had a grinding problem was if i lift throttle shift. I never let off the throttle when i shift at the track, and i think that is the secret. on the other hand i always had trouble with clutches :(