HybridZ

240z, 260z, 280z Turbo Swap Guide

bumble zee

need help!!!!! where is a good spot to connect the switched power wires??? i already did the cuttin n splicing i just need to wire up to switch power but dnt know where lolzz maybe someone can help me out will gladly appreciate

thanks 240zguy

• 4 months later...

This thread is officially in my good graces... not sure if its a write up or not.. BUT being a visual learner that i am is JUST what i needed. been following a diagram for weeks and been unable to know where i can find what and what the cables looked like other than by color. KUDOS to you BUBMLE ZEE... and many thanks for the pics. they did mad werk!

• 1 month later...

NEED WIRING HELP!!!!

I'm wiring up an l28 w/ efi that was put in my 73 240z and I need help figuring out what some wires are and where they go.

The first is a bundle of 4 wires (thicker red, green, 2 blues. This is the bundle I am holding in the picture.

Second, I dont know what this connector is and what plugs into it. It comes out of the wiring bundle right next to where the cpu plugs in (shown in second pic).

If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be excellent. I have been battling this wiring for a couple months now.

-z_drifter

post-24768-088878200 1319773174_thumb.jpg

post-24768-063226000 1319773468_thumb.jpg

NEED WIRING HELP!!!!

I'm wiring up an l28 w/ efi that was put in my 73 240z and I need help figuring out what some wires are and where they go.

The first is a bundle of 4 wires (thicker red, green, 2 blues. This is the bundle I am holding in the picture.

Second, I dont know what this connector is and what plugs into it. It comes out of the wiring bundle right next to where the cpu plugs in (shown in second pic).

If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be excellent. I have been battling this wiring for a couple months now.

-z_drifter

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hello ive been reading this post and i really hope someone can help me... from the pictures posted by bumble zee im stuck on the fi relay/plug. the plug that he shows and says you need the b/w, g, and bl/r... he says connect the b/w wire to a switched 12v but when i do i can hear a clicking from the injectors? im so confused... y would this happen. is the b/w wire only supposed to be powered when the key is starting the car or the car is on? or do i have a bad ecu... it simply says switched power... dont really know what the bl/r one does but it not the one im worried about right now... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

bumble ...  (Yes I know this post is stupid old),

Dang!  That was a really awesome post.  I have a 75 280z  with an 83 zx motor.  I really learned a ton and so many of my questions about the stock EFI was addressed in your post.  

Thank you for posting that up with pic!

Luke

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Can someone confirm the coil wiring?

I am doing one final check of my harness....The wiring diagram in the (81 and 82) FSM has the 2 prong connector at the coil ignitor  going to the ECCS (yellow) and the other going to ground. The post above states this Black/white wire need to go to a switched 12v (not ground). Just curious as I am not seeing this in the FSM.

Thanks

Thanks Nismopick... The wiring diagram is not 100% complete. There is another diagram out there which shows the two wires (ECCS & 12v switched power) being conencted. The ground noted in the FSM is actually the chassis ground, not a wired ground as I thought.

Cheers 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I am only able to source a donor car with an automatic transmission, what all will I need to convert it to a manual? I will be transplanting this into a manual 260Z. I figure the actual transmission and driveshaft are obvious. Are there any electrical or ECU differences, or major gearing differences?