HybridZ

V3 EDIS-x installation, set up, etc.

z-ya

I finally got the EDIS working! :lol:

After alot of testing and also checking Ford wiring diagrams we found the one thing that messed it up. + from VR sensor should go to pin 5 on the EDIS module and negative to pin 6. That worked for me anyway. :-D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now the ignition works.. there's no fuel. :bonk:

Probably it's just a minor programming fault, but I can't seem to find it.

I'll give a description of my settings so hopefully one of you can..

Everything is working but

- No reading on Pulse width (red gauge)

- No reading on duty cycle =0.0

- Spark advance = -10 (red gauge) when cranking

Rpm gauge has a steady reading of about 220.

PIP is connected to TACH terminal on relay board.

SAW is connected to S5.

Note: I can't choose "time based" crank timing under SPARK-SETTINGS as described in: http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-edis.html

fuel constants_thumb.JPG

Cranking settings_thumb.JPG

fuel table selection_thumb.JPG

Spark settings_thumb.JPG

Codeconfig functions_thumb.JPG

Set you crank RPM to like 150 or so. Right now it is set to 300. I beleive no fuel will be squirted until you meet or exceed the crank RPM.

Pete

On mine the low rpm (300) is cranking, were more fuel is added below that rpm. Above it goes to the regular table.

It is some errors written in the audit log, but what does it mean?

I tried setting crank rpm to 200 which did't help much.

Also started the engine with "starting-gas"(?) hoping the higher rpm would force it past the cranking program with no effect.

Audit log_thumb.JPG

I had similar warning messages when I first got the EDIS code loaded, and MT configured. When I went to the lastest code variant, and reinstalled MT, all the warnings went away. Before spending any time trying to figure why there is no fuel, get those warnings to go away.

I suspect you have a firmware problem that is related to those warning messages.

This is what the label on the MS-box from RS-Autoparts states:

- Hardware: MSnEDIS

- Firmware: MSnSpark Extra 024s9

Production no.: MS2-0251

In Autotune Configurator I have activated MSnS-E 024s. Does anything else have to be activated?

Also tried to install MSnS-E ver 029q, but it wasn't too keen on doing that. Will try that again today.

MT should display the same firmware code that is loaded in the MS. It looks like MT is configured for a different firmware from what is loaded in teh MS. This is why you are seeing warning messages.

Yesterday it finally started! Downloaded 029q and cranked it... without anything happening.. Got totally fed up, loaded a default file that came with the 029q files (Saw later it was set up for 8 cyl :o ), and then it fired! I'm very happy! Thanks for all help guys!

• 8 months later...

Hi guys I'm trying my best to get ready for SEZ8...I almost have everything on the car and just wanted to show how I mounted my 36-1 wheel... Thanks to BRAAP and others, I had some cool ideas to go by. I had a friend cut me a ring out of mild steel a little bigger and thicker than the ID of the 36-1 wheel...Tig welded it to my pulley outside lip and the paid one of the local machine shop guys 15$ to turn it true on the outside and inside diameter. My ring is loose on the pulley just enough to clock it if needed, then I installed two set screws like BRAAP's pulley....I did my pulley this way to try retaining my A/C pulley, being south Alabama has some pretty warm days.....anyway here is a couple of pics...I have seen a few questions on different threads on how you should keep your A/C pulley and this is what I come up with. Again thanks for all you guys Ideas and BRAAP your my hero.. Just trying to keep up with you guys great craftsmanship. 36-1hubturned.jpg36-1finished.jpg

The EDIS module will work fine in limp mode without the MS. So I would check that you have the MS configured correctly for the input signal. It should not be set up for a VR sensor. Also, check in MT under "Basic Settings -> Codebase and Output Functions" that only EDIS is selected (no other ignition setups).

• 2 weeks later...
36-1hubturned.jpg36-1finished.jpg

That looks like basically the same thing I have right now.. I haven't used set screws though, i was planning on tacking the ring to the pulley but i am unsure if i can do this because of the metal the ring is made out of?? what type of metal is it?? is it weldable with a mig? or even a tig?

You can't weld the Ford rind to the Datsun damper. The damper is some sort of cast. The weld just won't stick. Then I tried braze, and it got the damper so hot that the rubber damping material melted, and the pulley came off. Use bolts.

I ended up having a friend make a trigger wheel on his plasma cutter (see earlier posts). I then bolted it to the damper, and trued it up on a lathe.

I have a ring made out of mild steel thats press fit to the dampener. I know the mild steel ring I had made I can weld to, but can I weld to the edis ring??? what is it made of?? I'd rather just tack it good in a couple spots then put set screws in.

DSC00941.JPG

DSC00945.JPG

DSC00942.JPG

Pete, Sorry to keep bothering you. I fill pretty stupid right now. My ms is not a msns its a ms2. running the 2.687 code. Still not able to crank the car. It's a fresh rebuild. I have T3/T04e, Pallnet fuel rail, 42lb injectors, Walbro 225 fuel pump, and the stock fuel pressure regulator. The VR sensor is right on the 6th tooth following the missing tooth and make I have a bright blue spake. The timming is right. I can't get it to fire at all. I've done everything I can thing of.

Thanks