V3 EDIS-x installation, set up, etc.

z-ya

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The important thing is to get the tach signal going. Megasquirt won't inject any fuel until it gets the tach signal. The EDIS box will spark on its own if it is working correctly, with no input from Megasquirt. Check to be sure you have the PIP signal coming in on pin 24, and make sure there is a signal on that line. Check the PIP line with a LED tester; the LED should blink when you crank it.

I'm hard at work on my project (73 240, 83 L28ET), though just barely getting into the MS phase now, we're getting there and I hope to start hooking things up, or at least attempting to, tomorrow (today really as it's almost 3am)

Here's my wheel mounted, I had the pulley from my 78 motor (from the parts car) machined and the wheel put onto that section and then welded in place just for safe keeping.

486052689_3d4a7c7da8_m.jpg

I have a long way to go, my father and I are trying to learn as much as we can about turbos, emissions, and all the like. He'd worked on cars for years, but never done too much motor work, and about all I've ever done was wrench on my 73 Superbeetle before I got into stock class autocrossing, so this project is a huge learning curve for the both of us.

Matt at DIY hooked me up with everything so far, though I "still" need to send my stim back. I swear I'll do that on Monday Matt!

I am not able to get any voltage out of my sensor.... Have you guys found the sensor needs to be mounted 100% square and centered with the tooth? The first bracket i made i think was too flimsy and it would pull in and hit the teeth as it rotated. So I made a new one but i still cant get it to generate any voltage! :(

Try swapping the wires from the VR sensor at the EDIS module. If they are swapped, you will not get a signal from the VR sensor.

If you have power and the VR sensor wired correct, you should get spark right away. The EDIS module has a limp mode. The MS doesn't even need to be wired up to get a spark in limp mode.

yea i was just messing around with it, I am starting to get mad! the new bracket i had made is too flimsy to it seams and if u get it close enough to pick up it draws the sensor into the teath... i was able to hold it and get some voltage out of it but I just had it hooked up to my multimeter so i dont know if I would have been sparking too... then i went to power it up and found a nice fuel leak that i didnt know about :(.... so I need to get that fixed before I go any father.