HybridZ

Z32 300ZX SR20DET Engine Mount question

Guest ZX6R1033

Guest mini702

I'm confused. Does the rwd sr bolt to the vg tranny?

btw- shipping weight for a loaded vg30de was 600lbs. yes that's heavy. 100 lbs less for the vg30e and vq30de. The aluminum block sr should be around 300lbs loaded. For reference, the Subaru wrx motor weight 250lbs.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. Does the rwd sr bolt to the vg tranny?

btw- shipping weight for a loaded vg30de was 600lbs. yes that's heavy. 100 lbs less for the vg30e and vq30de. The aluminum block sr should be around 300lbs loaded. For reference, the Subaru wrx motor weight 250lbs.

No, the vg tranny does not bolt to the sr20 rwd. You have to make an adapter plate.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest s13drft89

hey,

now with the sr installed in, my guess is that the front end should have lifted up. If so how much did it, and did you do anything about it, the 300zx in the pic, with the sr installed looks leveled. thnx

-Ricky

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
what ya looking to know? There is so much done to this car that a complete list would take forever.

Not so much looking for information for me... I was just looking for more of a detailed breakdown for those whom might be interested in tackling the swap. It looks like you did a jam up job and some more pictures and a little write up would be cool. :wink:

I know you were talking about utilizing the Z32 transmission right? I'm sure they sell an adapter plate for that as it is probably pretty common to use that tranny behind the SR20DET since sr trannys are not as stout.