HybridZ

Uselessness of trying to sell stock parts here

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Guys i have been trying to raise money for my project by selling off all the extra crap i have, but so far have been unsuccessful on this site. It seems that the market is to buy critical swap pieces such as baffle tank, R200, ZX parts etc. And to sell stock parts now not needed. Unfortunately for me as a seller the law of supply and demand drives the price of these parts down.

So, have you had any luck on other sites, like Zcar.com or other Z sites? I am hesitant to try ebay as it is a significant hassle and there is a lot of uncertainity and shiesty buyers.

Where have you found the best market to sell stock parts? I always buy here becuase they are so cheap.

People wont even take this **** off my hands for free here.....just bitchin.

Take it from someone who makes serious scratch in online sales, I can attest to not making LOTS of sales on stock Zcar parts here... I've got a shed full and can't give them away. Got to ZCar.com and Zdriver, and try ebay.

We're a hotrod lot here...

Mike

I sold most of my stock parts via ZCar.com.

I got lots of responses. However, some parts basically, are worth nothing.

I didn't bother posting here because of the nature of this site. Everybody here is doing the same thing we are and generally, (not always) have no use for the stock parts either.

Good luck.

I agree, you gotta go where the demand is! Look at the HybridZ logo on the top left corner of the screen, IMO underneath the word Hybrid is a good explanation of why this kind of stuff doesn't sell well here. :D Personally, I would go to ZCar.com since that is where more of the Datsun loyal and restoration crowd hang out. Oh well, just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Out of near 50 deals on eBay of buying/selling I had only one deadbeat bidder, sold it later for even more.

ZCar.com seems good for dumping stock parts, I found a buyer for my 3.90 through there, those are the people interested in stock parts, people here dont often want to be stock for long.

I know what you mean I have 2 L6 blocks righ now and 2 4 spd trannies. I took one block already to the scrap dealer for free, I didn't get a penny for it and it ran great. The only thing I was able to sell was the SU carbs. I think I'll sell my second set on ebay. I have had good luck on ebay.

Having never even heard it run I sold the L6 and 4speed out of my car on ebay for $125. Four months later the guy e-mails me to tell me once he finally got it in the car it fired right up first time and runs and shifts perfect.

Good for him.

Good for me.

One vote for ebay.

In California the pick-a-part yards probably consume most of the stock parts business. The first Z that I owned was a ’72 rustbucket (back when I lived in Pasadena). I was overwhelmed with my purchase – it was useless as a candidate for daily driving, let alone a conversion to V8. When I couldn’t sell it, I tried parting it out. After about a year of advertising on recycler.com (a very useful Los Angeles-area automotive classifieds site and newspaper), I sold most of my parts, for a total of about 50% of what I originally paid for the car. I cut up the shell with a sawzall and threw the pieces into dumpsters – literally (well, I kept the firewall VIN stamp).

After I moved to the Midwest, the situation changed completely. Here, Japanese cars are rare, and old Japanese cars are extremely rare. If parts do come up for sale, they’re rusted, bent or otherwise worthless. I’ve been looking for a decent set of 280Z strut/spindle assemblies since 2001 – no catch yet. Next time I’m in LA, I’ll visit the pick-a-parts in Monrovia, pull off a set of strut assemblies and mail them back to my address in Ohio.