HybridZ

S13 or S14... any advantage for S14

Lewis Maudlin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that is the set up I have ordered. I have the following on order and I anticipate ordering the engine and cradle from Vildini soon.

price include shipping and tax

FMIC

Downpipe

Tube header $330 for all 3

Walbro fuel pump $ 91

New Oil Pump $100

New Water Pump $ 91

Add to this engine and cradle $2300 plus shipping

Putting on straight exhaust and BOV

I don't have a standalone or upgraded turbo yet.

And Its Been Covered Ad Nauseum' date=' And Its Not In His Price Range.....

Reading Comprehension > You. Come On Man We Have Been Guiding Him Along For Over 3 Threads Now. Some Of Us Have Tons Of Experience With Sr's While Some Have General Working Knowledge Of Sr's With Vast Experience In Performance Engines In General, None Of Us Are Stupid. In Fact I Told Him Many Times To Do What You Just Laid Out Like You Were King.

Btw:

550cc Injectors Can Be Had For Less Than S15 480cc

You Left Out Your Big Limiter The Maf

Down Pipes And Cat-back Aren't Available For The Sr Swapped Z-cars Its Straight Custom Exhausts

Bov's Aren't Required To Make Any Pooower

The Gtir Turbo Has Been Proven To Be Weaker Than The S15 T28bb And Less Effcient.

Ohh And The Big One A Enthapy Tune With A New Z32 Maf And Plug Would Cost As Much As A Haltech Or Microtech Standalone (which Provide Maf Delete Features).... The Only Benefit Of The Enthapy Is Simplicity And Accountability.[/quote']

Whoa. Easssy. I think I was posting trying to guide this fellow along, as you were. I never made an attack on you or anyone else's knowledge or advice. I think it's safe to say we're on the same page as far as SR tuning goes.(read some of my other posts) I'm sorry if I upset or offended you or anyone else...I neve implied that anyone is stupid. We're all here to share knowledge and experience. It MAY have come across wrong.

I did forget to leave out the Z32 MAF. Whoops.

I wasn't trying to come across like I was " King ". But you are coming across like someone that's very pissed off at me. Is that really necessary?

Sorry man. I was just trying to help.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

not at you man.... bad day sorry. Just came out very very wrong.

Its all good; Today had me polished, primed, cocked, and loaded..... something just pulled the trigger at that moment.

ProjectRB240sx: No worries. We all have those moments.

SR240Z: When are you gonna post pics of your shop car at the track or AutoX?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to see it do more than go

straight. I'd love to see some action footage. After all, the greatest

advantage of the SR swap just MAY be the handling effects.

***I started a related thread in the NON tech forum

well we have never gone to the drag strip so were not straight line guys. here are some photos from us at MSA autox:

P4237785.jpg

P4237810.jpg

P4237834.jpg

We will have video footage after this sunday since there is a SoloII practice at california speedway which we are goin to.

Damn. Your car is so FRESH! I love it. I know that you built it to be an all rounder. But the only VIDEO I have seen of it so far, was dyno run and some highway cruising and launching. Can't wait to see footage from the autoX.

Thanks for the pics. Now we're all a little more inspired.