HybridZ

Lost interest in finishing my rotary Z. Finish it for me

auxilary

That car is so damned beautiful. Sell the freaking engine etc. Put in a l28et or your ls1 or something. You would be so sorry if you sold it. It's got to be like family by now. Plus you have to get it on the road so I might have the possibility to drive next to it on 580 or 80.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, obviously, like everyone else, I would rather see you finish your project and keep your car. But I know that's not why you posted. And it is your decision, not ours.

However, I do not think you are going to get much of your investment back in a single package. You can probably get quite a lot of your money back if you ebay everything off seperately. If you don't have the time to go through that, I have a feeling you will have to take a large loss or just keep it.

But good luck either way! My (nice) car has been down for a year and several of my friends' Z's have been off the road for anywhere from 3-7 years now. It is really discouraging sometimes. The thing that keeps me going is steady (if small) progress. I made a spreadsheet to track expense and progress and it really helps me keep things rolling, and not get overwhelmed with everything that still has to be done.

-Forrest

at 17k alex, your best bet is to get it driving before you sell it at least.

when I get back to the USA, plan is to get my b16a crx si rolling daily and find me a 91-3 240sx and do a nice generic sr swap. race you in either one buddy.....

update: finalized mount, maybe?

PICT0232.jpg

PICT0231.jpg

PICT0227.jpg

Does anything look familiar to the v8 guys in the above pic?

PICT0221.jpg

oilpan clearance

PICT0224.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

steering clearance and support... think it needs more reinforcement? the plate is 1/4" thick

PICT0229.jpg

Downpipe clearance..or at least where it's gonna go

PICT0230.jpg

Alex if you're worried about the strength of the mount why don't you add one more piece from the center of the crossmember to the newly designed 1/4" plate mount bracket thing. Might even go with two braces just maybe just outside the bolts that attach the motor to the plate.

On the one hand the engine doesn't weigh much, but on the other hand the motor mounts have to hold back ALL of the torque of the engine so that it goes through the driveline. I'd say your 1/4" plate was overkill, but maybe not so much with that big hole in it.