HybridZ

Full-race parts.... would anyone be interested?

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I've been on the phone with the guys at full-race and they said they can customize thier sr parts to the z chassis swaps.... of course all they need is a car to mock it up on. I told them I can take my car down there to get the full-race treatment and they asked if there was more cars like mine out there.... I told them I knew of 4. So everything that I get done will fit any vildini sr swap car.

I have been talking to them about thier Top mount manifold, custom fmic hot pipe, custom stainless exhaust dumptube to stock vildini exhaust location, custom atmospheric wastegate setup, and a couple other things....

they also said that if anyone wants to order anything they can mock it up on my car while its there (If I don't mind) so they can assure good fitament before they send it out.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

yeah they said they can do anything.... I was actually asking them if they can do a topmount t25 flange setup for a gt2540r .86 setup. They said they actually get alot of requests for that setup.... so If I get a chance to take my car down there they will actually be building the manifold, wastegate dump, oil/water line, and turbo extension along with a hot pipe for me.... I may also have them do a stainless exhaust while I'm there.

From the looks of it, we can provide parts for this platform :D We already offer two types of manifolds for the RWD SR20:

-ProStock

bottom mount stock turbo location tubular manifold available with internal or external

wastegate.

-ProStreet

top mount manifold flanged for t3 or t4 sized turbos available with internal or external wastegate.

I will post pictures of the manifolds shortly.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Yeah, I tried fitting your pro street setup with the tial 38mm wastegate onto my car a month or so back and there was some contact between the wastegate and steering shaft.

I love your products and your int won which makes it better.... I sent you an email today as per request from some other person at the company that I have been talking too. I'd love to be able to get some parts going for my can and the ability for your parts to work for others as well. If you guys have time I'd love to bring my car by so you guys can look at it, take measurements, and work your magic!

Anyway I'm glad you have come to the board and I'm glad that some one other than vildini motorsports has decided to take interest in this swap and chassis.... This is really going to help future swappers and keep the intrest going!

"...they asked if there was more cars like mine out there.... I told them I knew of 4."

Make that 5. I'm impressed at the quality I see. The SR swap is becoming more acceptable to the Z community. Much respect to Vildini and Full Race. Any of you Arizona guys coming out to LA for any of the upcoming events?

I have a Full-Race manifold that will be going into my Z when I get the SR to go with it.

I bought their manifold, Tial Wastegate, and T3/T67 turbo anticipating a build in my 240sx, but I sold the POS first.

Full-Race quality is amazing, and the guys over there are very cool. (Geoff, Javier, etc...)

"...they asked if there was more cars like mine out there.... I told them I knew of 4."

Make that 5. I'm impressed at the quality I see. The SR swap is becoming more acceptable to the Z community. Much respect to Vildini and Full Race. Any of you Arizona guys coming out to LA for any of the upcoming events?

Make that 6. My SR20DET is dropping in this week. Here is my setup in my 1978 280Z.

Red top SR20DET

Generic ported and polished aftermarket intake manifold

equal length exhaust manifold

FMIC

new T28 Turbo

3" Mandrel bent exhaust

Jagsthatrun radiator

Taurus fan

Greddy style oil pan

Tokico Illuminas w/ springs

Konig rewinds

It should be up and running within 2 weeks.

OK, probably just 5. However, mine is in the shop with a motor and a paid mechanic. It really will be in soon. Probably 1-2 weeks. The motor is out, the fuel pump is in, the battery is relocated and the radiator is going in as soon as the engine compartment gets a coating of Eastwood brand of POR-15. So I was just counting mine because it is practically done.

I'm glad there's so many SR20DET Z's coming out of the woodwork. It's starting to gain a degree of acceptance. If I had a dollar a few years back for every time that someone said I was crazy for entertaining the idea of a four-banger "downgrade" it could've paid for the swap. Hybrid Z, that's what we all want right?

Not to be doing any bashing, but I don't think EVERY SR swap is the same. From what I remember I thought Matt's and the SRZ mounts were a tad bit different.

Because talking with you Alex one time you said you learned how to make a mount better after doing it on Matt's car first.

I would check the exact location of each car to assume that all of Vildini's cars are in the same spot. Things that you should know before full blown production on anything.

I dont want anyone to go "Well it fits on my car, but doesn't fit on his car" type of questions.

Yea not all Sr swaps in early Z's are the same. Just ask Adrian from Vildinimotorsport about the swap into my RHD 240z, He had a bit of fun with that one. But all in all damn good job. Well it be awsome to have stuff custom made for us Sr Z's out there. It would make it alot easier rather than trying to piece stuff up together.