HybridZ

Vk56de

Oleh

I can't wait for the day when the japanesse market is like the US market. You know, open up a summit type catalog and see countless companies offering new crate motors ready to be put in any car willing. Although, this might never happen due to smog regulations. But it's nice to think about.

So yea, until that time comes (if it does) then best bet for a new one is the dealer. But it might still be cheeper to get a used one and have the block torn apart/rebuilt/blueprinted/balanced by a machine shop.

5500 rpm max, then it should work well just like a 350SBC.

How is the aftermarket for this engine? I know the LS1 market is blooming well according to LS1 advocates. If the Titan engine is going to be used stock then the main advantage over SBC/LT1 is the weight saving from the aluminium block. How much does this engine weight?

Well, I'm now into my 6th month of owning my titan, and let me tell you - this is one sweet V8! Strong as all get out, smooth and sounds incredible when wrung out.

As far as aftermarket goes, there are the usual air intake mods and headers, exhaust, etc. The one coolest thing that is currently being finalized is a supercharger by stillen. Last I heard, development numbers were pushing 450-500 horses. Course, the price is around $4k.

I've been dreaming about the titan swap ever since I drove my truck of off the lot.

Bryan

Dat240zg

We have a Titan in one of our labs here at school and I took it for a spin around the parking lot when the instructor wasn't looking. That thing can flat out haul. I am not much of a truck fan but that truck sure left me excited. The first thing I did when I got out was look under the hood to see if it would fit in my Z. Not that it looked small or even like it would fit... but it sure did look compact in the Titan. This would make for a very smooth V8 Z car.