HybridZ

F20C getting cheeper...

Gollum

Dnaught, not to offend you, but you don't know anything about cali cops. Many cops here even memorise engine codes to know what motors are hondas and such, beucase there are so many people doing B16 & B18 swaps into everything that's FWD.

Rudy, back on topic with the F20C. Here's my theory. Every stock honda engine has had BAD drop in HP & tourque right before Vtech, becuase they design the low RPM lobe to have lots of low end tourque, and the do the same with the Vtech lobe as well, wich results in a noticable gap between lobes. I think with the F20C they were trying to get rid of this by keeping the Vtech lobe the same (the important one) and making the low RPM lobe very high tourque, to make it a smoother reving engine. The only problem is that as stated earlier, this could kill gas milage. But that doesn't seem to bother caranddriver, as the S2k has been on the best 10 every year since it's debut (i think, I know it's at least 01 02 03 04).

Oh, and another think. I saw 3 S2ks on my way to SFO the other day. Insane.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...dang... Just imagine how cheep they're going to get. We're only really seeing the first wave of wrecked S2ks. In the comming years they should get even cheeper, wich is why I was condering the swap... but the gas milage is really starting to tick me off. I can almost get a 5.0 motor to get 20 MPG... Well, maybe 17 in town... But 20 for a 4 banger is horrible, 140 HP per liter or not.

But man, 4500, up in oregon even, where I know there aren't as many being sold.

Wait so back to the f20c... what did honda do wrong with the primary set of cams. Maybe they left in a 1000 hp gap in the cam design so that the vtec has time to switch over? Even so why not just kick the vtec in at 5,000 and have a more torquey primary cam?

because you don't want to be cruising in vtec at 80mph. That's what acura/civic guys would do: hook up a v-afc controller that also moved vtec shift point to 4k rpm, and then complain about fuel economy because they'd be turning 4k rpm in 5th on a regular basis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I have a 240sx friend, and he said that destroking the KA to 2.2l gives you a VERY rev happy engine.

That and the availability of turbo kits and a huge aftermarket would make a sweet setup.

Mario

Brian crower makes a fully counterweighted crank that makes the engine rev happy while keeping it a 2.4l. The only list the stroker crank on there website, but if you contact them they can sell you a non-stroker version.

AR86 with a S2k motor & tranny.

I'm participating in a swap like this for a friend now, who bought a wrecked S2000 for just under 2000 bucks, and has almost everything needed to do the swap now.

240hp in an 86 is perfect for what the car will be doing, and it was the intended goal for the 4ag(t)e that we were building with megasquirt.

Also, the KA crank with some machine work in the F2XC block can yield 2.5 litres, as per the endyn.com website.