RIP R200 in my Z now Im calling JEGS

Guest traub83

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Hey there Happynukes,

Before responing to a thread, check out the last post date - it's in the upper left corner of the last post, right above the poster's name. This thread was last active over 2 years ago, so the folks involved have probably moved past the issue... :)

David

well if hes holding that motor with his, it does look a lot simular to mine but im running a 172 weiand blower and thats at least a 6-71 so its bigger than mine, my rear must have been a fluke. I may have to take ya up on the offer on getting one out of your junk yard and sending it to me. My boneyards look pretty bare but there are a few more left to check.. but anyways thanks guys for your concerns on my Z, when I get it all finished and its proven on the road a lil I will go to a national Z event and let ya all see it and all the goodies I promise. ohh and pics will come soon also when I buy a cam... However I am strongly thinkin on ditching the blower and doing a turbo setup but right now its a maybe.

I just donno about twin turboin id much rather single turbo it but plans to do it is like yah right and I can't find pics or info on one anywhere..

I have a single s400 turbo thats blowthrough.

woops two year old thread...I guess thats the reason he can't find much info on a single turbo..haha

1_thumb.jpg

2_thumb.jpg

6_thumb.jpg

9_thumb.jpg

10_thumb.jpg

This is Jerry from JNJ Drag racing, I say keep the R200. You must have had a bad unit, I love using the stock rearend. My brother has been telling me all along to put a narrowed rearend under my car, and I keep on telling him anybody can can go fast that way ,but I think it is cool to go fast on stock stuff. Our car went a 5.86 @ 123mph in the 1/8 on a R200 with 3.90 gear and a 9.58 @ 146mph in the 1/4. It is a WILD RIDE !!!!!!!!

My car is not as fast as yours but breaks stub axles like candy canes. I cannot hit the juice out of the hole or "BOOM" goes the stub axles. I have a r200 LSD, Modern Motorsports adapters with CV axles and 280Z stub axles.

I have snapped 4 this year alone on the motor only. It only runs 10.80's on the motor, with 1.5X 60 ft's. I would love to launch on the sauce but have my doubts even if I used the Modern Motorsports custom axles. The cars need an axle that is stouter and had atleast 31 splines to take the abuse.

My car is not as fast as yours but breaks stub axles like candy canes. I cannot hit the juice out of the hole or "BOOM" goes the stub axles. I have a r200 LSD, Modern Motorsports adapters with CV axles and 280Z stub axles.

I have snapped 4 this year alone on the motor only. It only runs 10.80's on the motor, with 1.5X 60 ft's. I would love to launch on the sauce but have my doubts even if I used the Modern Motorsports custom axles. The cars need an axle that is stouter and had atleast 31 splines to take the abuse.

We are still using the R200 with stock stubs but with the 300z turbo cv axles with great luck, our best 60' to date is a 1.32, last year I purchased a 74 260Z that someone had already started to backhalf. We are going to get started on it in 2008, we will put the blower motor in it and by then I hope to have my tt sbc finished for the stock suspension car. Good luck Jerry

What size turbo is that ( mm ) it looks like a monster.Jerry

It is a T6 exhaust housing with a 71mm compressor. Due to the 350 ci. I kept it 71mm and its capable of 967 hp (the turbo) at the motor. After I build a stronger 383 or 388 I was thinking to upgrade to a 85mm compressor. But i'm stuck at the 10.00 mark unless I want to add some more bars which the setup I have now should float me into the mid-high nines if so desired. So i'll be looking at another car (camaro maybe?) if I build the other motor, which will be years down the road.

It is a T6 exhaust housing with a 71mm compressor. Due to the 350 ci. I kept it 71mm and its capable of 967 hp (the turbo) at the motor. After I build a stronger 383 or 388 I was thinking to upgrade to a 85mm compressor. But i'm stuck at the 10.00 mark unless I want to add some more bars which the setup I have now should float me into the mid-high nines if so desired. So i'll be looking at another car (camaro maybe?) if I build the other motor, which will be years down the road.

Thanks for the info onthe turbo. I purchased a 75mm turbo that was for a V12 Cummins engine, I thought about using it, but a Friend of mine gave me two Holset wh1e that are 55mm each and that is what I will use for now well hopefully the first part of next year.Another Friend of my runs in the NMRA Drag Radial class said I would make more HP with the twins. Thanks again for the info. Jerry

Thanks for the info onthe turbo. I purchased a 75mm turbo that was for a V12 Cummins engine, I thought about using it, but a Friend of mine gave me two Holset wh1e that are 55mm each and that is what I will use for now well hopefully the first part of next year.Another Friend of my runs in the NMRA Drag Radial class said I would make more HP with the twins. Thanks again for the info. Jerry

Is that 75mm a borg warner? If so it might be a s400 like mine because they are used on big liter Detroits and Cummins. You may want to reconsider going twins. After all my readings about blowthrough turbos and superchargers mostly on turbomustangs.com most poeple are pro single turbo and poeple that did go twins changed their setup to a single or wish that they had gone single. Just something to look into to make sure you what you want and not waste money by changing. I suggest just going to turbomustangs.com and reading some of the builds...some are WILD like a 3500# olds going low 8's on a 85mm s400 that doesn't even look fast(if you take out the whistling when it spools haha)

mmy documents

Is that 75mm a borg warner? If so it might be a s400 like mine because they are used on big liter Detroits and Cummins. You may want to reconsider going twins. After all my readings about blowthrough turbos and superchargers mostly on turbomustangs.com most poeple are pro single turbo and poeple that did go twins changed their setup to a single or wish that they had gone single. Just something to look into to make sure you what you want and not waste money by changing. I suggest just going to turbomustangs.com and reading some of the builds...some are WILD like a 3500# olds going low 8's on a 85mm s400 that doesn't even look fast(if you take out the whistling when it spools haha)

I see that you are running a 750 carb did you make the changes to it for the blowthrough or did you buy it already setup? I have looked at the CSU blow through carbs, and Chris had alot of good things to say about there Tech Guys. The 75mm turbo I have has no names on it such as Garrett, Holset or anything else. All it has is the Cummins ID tag, the compressor and turbine are held together buy a single v-band clamp. I took it apart trying to find some other ID tags and found nothing.I am going to try and post a picture of it here.There is a post called had to do it from a week ago that shows some photos of the turbo in question. Jerry

mmy documents

I see that you are running a 750 carb did you make the changes to it for the blowthrough or did you buy it already setup? I have looked at the CSU blow through carbs, and Chris had alot of good things to say about there Tech Guys. The 75mm turbo I have has no names on it such as Garrett, Holset or anything else. All it has is the Cummins ID tag, the compressor and turbine are held together buy a single v-band clamp. I took it apart trying to find some other ID tags and found nothing.I am going to try and post a picture of it here.There is a post called had to do it from a week ago that shows some photos of the turbo in question. Jerry

I did the carburetor myself, but if you are not familar with blowthrough (my brother-in-law has a supercharged monte so I have some hands on experience with them) I would get CSU to do it. It is 450 dollars for any carb for them to do and they are very helpful with any questions, but they are VERY VERY busy because they're so good so it might take a while. Here is how to build your own carb and a few other nice reads for you.

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51153.0

I saw the pictures of your turbo and i'm not sure, but i'll do more research, however you have a 75 mm compressor with what looks like a t4 housing which would spool great and make good power.

My fuel system is ALLLLLLLL areomotive which should handle 1100 (according to areomotive) and very streetable. If you wish to make more than 1000 hp and mainly drag then i suggest you go with the magnaflow 550 but it can only be ran 15 minutes at a time or go with two A-1000.

My brother-in-law did his own carb at first and put it on the dyno which the car popped around 6700. He sent it to csu and ALL they did was put a boost sensitive powervalve in it. It made it run alittle smoother but he only gained 5 hp at the wheels which could be due to the weather. It turned out that there was not enough voltage at the pump and the popping stopped after we put more juice to it. So don't be afraid of building your own if your don't mind some time tuning it.

I did the carburetor myself, but if you are not familar with blowthrough (my brother-in-law has a supercharged monte so I have some hands on experience with them) I would get CSU to do it. It is 450 dollars for any carb for them to do and they are very helpful with any questions, but they are VERY VERY busy because they're so good so it might take a while. Here is how to build your own carb and a few other nice reads for you.

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51153.0

I saw the pictures of your turbo and i'm not sure, but i'll do more research, however you have a 75 mm compressor with what looks like a t4 housing which would spool great and make good power.

My fuel system is ALLLLLLLL areomotive which should handle 1100 (according to areomotive) and very streetable. If you wish to make more than 1000 hp and mainly drag then i suggest you go with the magnaflow 550 but it can only be ran 15 minutes at a time or go with two A-1000.

My brother-in-law did his own carb at first and put it on the dyno which the car popped around 6700. He sent it to csu and ALL they did was put a boost sensitive powervalve in it. It made it run alittle smoother but he only gained 5 hp at the wheels which could be due to the weather. It turned out that there was not enough voltage at the pump and the popping stopped after we put more juice to it. So don't be afraid of building your own if your don't mind some time tuning it.

Thanks again for the info, I was told by a friend to use the areomotive 1000 pump also. I have even thought about running just alky that way we do not have to run a incooler ,but that is just a thought. I would appreciate any info you can find on that turbo of mine. Thanks Jerry

If you have need any more information or suggestions don't be afraid to shoot me a pm and i'll help you anyway i can because you helped me out alot on the suspension of my car. Most poeple are shady on giving up information on their car. Depending on how much boost you run and if you run race gas you might not need an intercooler. You can also get what is called a "snow kit" which is just a meth injection system that alot of poeple use to lower inlet temps and avoid intercoolers.