HybridZ

This is a Hybrid forum.. so what car can we put a L28ET in..

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pick up is a good idea.

the idea about the ricey old maxima is what i was thinking.. like some bling bling wheels in 15inch size lol, big ole ricer wing and stickers everywhere... would do that to a 240sx if i did one.

p.s. on side note im putting some tires and a 100shot on my Scion xB... wont see that sucker coming. lol

mike

i had a 1988 M3.. sold it though as i had to many projects at one time.

that car was sweet though!

i wonder if a nissan hardbody would work?

found a nice clean 240Z im gonna check out for pretty cheap.

also a 1989 240sx.... still dunno what to get yet.

mike

1982 Nissan 200SX is the way to go. It has great aerodynamics is rear wheel drive the hatchback model would be my prefernce but the coupe will be more of a sleeper. It has plenty of engine compartment space for the in-line 6. I always thought that body to be great for drag racing. low front profile, low pitch on the front windshield and nice over all width and length for high speed racing.

Check it out!

orklc

I like the AMC idea, but I also agree that any thing that looks as slow as a diesel volvo steel box that wants to race must be pulling something insane.

I'd recomend the AMC AMX. It starts fairly light (for it's era) but only ever came with a V8. But with a compelling valve cover you might fool even the "die hard" muscle car fan. The truth about it is that it'll be extremelly hard to find anyone on the street who really knows anything about these cars. Most muscle car guys (like myself) dismiss the car because it never came with anything more than 350HP back in the day. But with a factory curb weight of 3100 pounds, it was far lighter than any of the top HP cars of the 69' peak of perfection.

I REALLY like the truck idea. Might have issues getting people to race you, but I'd try to "rice" it out as much as I could. Try to really look like a wannabe.

An old BMW might be the way to go. Most BMWs were very overbuilt and can be trimmed down alot, but also came with inline 6's. Some careful study of the BMW valve cover and you could replicate the BMW pretty easily methinks. (not sure what chassis/years this motor came in, but here's at least one pic) http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/m20.jpg

The key is finding a car that most people don't know much about, but won't discard as a pathetic car. I'm gonna think about your options some more...

not sure what chassis/years this motor came in, but here's at least one pic [url']http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/m20.jpg[/url]

I saw one of those in the local junkyard this week! That's no small engine either!

If you want to see a potential sleeper, check this one out!

You'll never get me to admit to anything!! Lets just say I know the owner well...

739185_15_full.jpg

thats why you build a car people dont know what it is and blends in very well.. people wont mistake it for "that fast car" easily.

start off with the slow guys and work your way up.. just sand bag everybody at the begining.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
thats why you build a car people dont know what it is and blends in very well.. people wont mistake it for "that fast car" easily.

start off with the slow guys and work your way up.. just sand bag everybody at the begining.

mike

then you run into the issue cameron and i have where we can't get races cause everyone remembers us from other cars... :-

telling ya guys.

build something that people these days cant get in there head as a fast car and just woop on everybody.

im sure ppl will say "ya im sure its quick" but they wont think its a 10 sec car fast..

im still looking for a car, right now i have a few cars on my list.

mike

???? Around here it does.

When I see bone stock imports with obviously not so stock exhast that is actually QUIET I raise my eyebrow... because that person might actually know something about modification. Just about 90% of hondas around here have aftermarket exhast.

... ever think about the old supras?!?! That would be awsome. Nobody even thinks about them as being fast. They come with inline 6 motors too! And (depending on your area) if you left it stock looking it might blend in perfectly. But you could quickly become the "don't race a stock looking supra" story.

The main issue I have with this whole thing, is that people here go after sandbaggers if there's money invested, and some times even when money isn't an issue. And in an area where your neighbors that have been friends for years kill eachother, I don't want to think about pissing some jerk off because he thought his (enter common car) would beat me.

im building a 7M-GTE Celica Supra at the shop right now for my room mate/co-worker.

gonna be one hell of a street car!

i know for a fact this project will be the hardest ill ever do but i wanna try it out..

mike

lol doubt it will be the fastest at all.. This IS houston, texas. home of the fastest supras in the world (besides marko's in the windy city).

its gonna run good though.

mike