HybridZ

This is a Hybrid forum.. so what car can we put a L28ET in..

Guest ON3GO

lol doubt it will be the fastest at all.. This IS houston' date=' texas. home of the fastest supras in the world (besides marko's in the windy city).

its gonna run good though.

mike[/quote']

So, did Marko's Supra sell on eBay? I'm in Chicago now and I would've loved to have seen it.

My vote is for the older 200sx.

That or an older Supra, but I like the 200sx better.

Mario

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put it in an alpha GT6+, they came with a very similar inine 6 and they are small light anf cool as well as having a full frame! another option the Triumph TR6, camew with an inline 6, it's small and light and if you ground the datsun logo's off the valvecover most people would have no clue

The secret to street racing is in my sig. Only win if you must. You see, I have been doing this a long time. If an opponant runs 12's, that's what your car runs.

I had to laugh... one time this guy is asking me what my car ran. We were sorta boys and we'd raced before years ago. He was talking about my newly aquired(I built it but told people in the beginning that I bought it with the "mods" done to it already)

Him: "does it run 13's?"

me: "yeah, and it runs 14's and 15's."

him: "does it run 12's?"

me: "yeah"

him: "well, what's it run!?"

me: "Well, that depends on who's around"

him: What's that mean?

me: "At the track it runs what I want people to THINK it runs."

The car actually ran well into the 10's.

You see, it doesn't matter what kind of car you have. I have literally raced a 355 Ferrari in my old '70 442. My car was an obvious heavy hitting street car. Hell, he had a FERRARI. I knew I could beat him because I was a drag racer, and my car had been developed over 13 years of street and bracket racing. It was what it and i did. He had a fast car and he knew it. He had no idea that 10 sec street cars existed! His car might have run a 12 if he was lucky. I let him leave first and right as his door was at my front tire I hung the left front tire about a foot in the air.(that's pretty much standard for a descent big block-600+ lbs/ft torque in a Chevelle type car) I put so many cars on him that I couldn't tell how many it was. When we reached another light, he was stunned. He had never seen anything like that in his life time. He was 40 something. He knew old muscle cars were fast but GODDAM! Not as fast as his NEW FERRARI...

I've run cars that should have beat me but I simply out drove them. They'd spin and I would feather the clutch to induce just enough wheel spin to make the car accelerate hard. Hell, I put 2 cars on a Peter Farrell super cars RX-7 in a basically stock LX 5.0 Mustang. Right out of the hole! He couldn't reel me in! He COULD have beat me. I beat a TT Supra in the same car. THE SAME WAY. Granted, my Mustang was a ringer and ran 13.80's with only gears, hurst shifter and flowmasters. All of the others with similar mods ran 14.teens.

I always hear that "so and so" wants to build a ten second car. Blah, blah, blah... Street racing isn't about what your car runs! It's about beating your opponent! And, only by enough to say you won! I just don't get the point of having a POS that runs 10's! Anyone with a 460 Ford and a Pinto can do that! What do you have? A freakin' PINTO!

I must say, I have out-grown street racing. I do alittle stop-light to stop-light action now and then, but nothing serious. I have two kids, a mortgage, wife, etc... I do like the idea of having a stock appearing car that runs much faster than one would imagine though. It's great for keeping cops away also. LOL, my Z28 ran 12.40's (all motor)and looked stone stock down to the brake dust on the salad shooters. Not one cop ever looked at it twice. It looked just like every other Camaro. When I would street race it, I wouldn't even rev the motor until the light was changing. It still had all of the comforts of a stock Z28 including the AC and T-Tops. No gutted interiors, etc... Just drag radials as the only give-away, and you can't tell what they are unless you stare at them. I hope you young guns are getting my point. If not, I will be forced to build yet another 12 sec car that beats 10 sec cars.

Jamie i understand you 100% and even before you said what you just did i knew that and i apply all of that to what i wanna do.

what i wanna do is just like everybody wants to do with there car.. make it fast and do this and that to it. I just want to keep it stock looking and have something that i can take people out for a ride in and them just be like "whatever" and when i floor it i want them to **** there paints. that would make me smile and be happy and isnt that what building cars is ment for? to make us happy!

i desided ill be doing a 610 coupe... im 99% sure on it.

i like the little car, would be fun to build something different yet still a datsun.

it would surprise ppl and would just be fun to build i think.

i think more then anything it will be fun racing this car even when the cat is out of the bag that the car is pretty fast.. cuz ill be the underdog agaisnt all the big dogs in town.. if i loose i tired and did good, if i wont then even better!

i hope you dont think im a poser Jamie.. im not. like you said you have sorta grown out of this stage... yet i havent really gotten to that stage yet.. and im not getting any younger. i want to do this before i get older and have a family of my own.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z
The secret to street racing is in my sig. Only win if you must. You see' date=' I have been doing this a long time. If an opponant runs 12's, that's what your car runs.

I had to laugh... one time this guy is asking me what my car ran. We were sorta boys and we'd raced before years ago. He was talking about my newly aquired(I built it but told people in the beginning that I bought it with the "mods" done to it already)

Him: "does it run 13's?"

me: "yeah, and it runs 14's and 15's."

him: "does it run 12's?"

me: "yeah"

him: "well, what's it run!?"

me: "Well, that depends on who's around"

him: What's that mean?

me: "At the track it runs what I want people to THINK it runs."

The car actually ran well into the 10's.

You see, it doesn't matter what kind of car you have. I have literally raced a 355 Ferrari in my old '70 442. My car was an obvious heavy hitting street car. Hell, he had a FERRARI. I knew I could beat him because I was a drag racer, and my car had been developed over 13 years of street and bracket racing. It was what it and i did. He had a fast car and he knew it. He had no idea that 10 sec street cars existed! His car might have run a 12 if he was lucky. I let him leave first and right as his door was at my front tire I hung the left front tire about a foot in the air.(that's pretty much standard for a descent big block-600+ lbs/ft torque in a Chevelle type car) I put so many cars on him that I couldn't tell how many it was. When we reached another light, he was stunned. He had never seen anything like that in his life time. He was 40 something. He knew old muscle cars were fast but GODDAM! Not as fast as his NEW FERRARI...

I've run cars that should have beat me but I simply out drove them. They'd spin and I would feather the clutch to induce just enough wheel spin to make the car accelerate hard. Hell, I put 2 cars on a Peter Farrell super cars RX-7 in a basically stock LX 5.0 Mustang. Right out of the hole! He couldn't reel me in! He COULD have beat me. I beat a TT Supra in the same car. THE SAME WAY. Granted, my Mustang was a ringer and ran 13.80's with only gears, hurst shifter and flowmasters. All of the others with similar mods ran 14.teens.

I always hear that "so and so" wants to build a ten second car. Blah, blah, blah... Street racing isn't about what your car runs! It's about beating your opponent! And, only by enough to say you won! I just don't get the point of having a POS that runs 10's! Anyone with a 460 Ford and a Pinto can do that! What do you have? A freakin' PINTO!

I must say, I have out-grown street racing. I do alittle stop-light to stop-light action now and then, but nothing serious. I have two kids, a mortgage, wife, etc... I do like the idea of having a stock appearing car that runs much faster than one would imagine though. It's great for keeping cops away also. LOL, my Z28 ran 12.40's (all motor)and looked stone stock down to the brake dust on the salad shooters. Not one cop ever looked at it twice. It looked just like every other Camaro. When I would street race it, I wouldn't even rev the motor until the light was changing. It still had all of the comforts of a stock Z28 including the AC and T-Tops. No gutted interiors, etc... Just drag radials as the only give-away, and you can't tell what they are unless you stare at them. I hope you young guns are getting my point. If not, I will be forced to build yet another 12 sec car that beats 10 sec cars.[/quote']

todays word is "sandbagging" kids.... learn it well...

lol i'm totally with you... drag racing is more then who's got more power, its the logisitics of the cars setup, your crews prep work (if you run in group), your drivers skill, your opponents skill, etc...

hell we won $100 a few weekends ago just because they botched there prep work while trying to sneak VHT prepping into there lane... instead of hooking and running like a scalded dog, they spun there butts off halfway down the track while our car ran straight and true.

it's all in the bigger picture, tactics goes beyond hitting the "grin" pedal on the right and hoping for the best...

• 2 weeks later...

L28et does fit in an S13. I was part of a project that the guy never finished. I may own it in a month or two.

Personaly, I would do the S12. Go as light as possible to get that power to weight ratio up there. It will fit in the engine bay and most driveline parts are the same but, i'm sure you know this. Gut EVERYTHING and put her back together with the shell of a dash, have a chick make you a fake back seat with just foam and fabric. You know the drill. If you do it right, the engine will look like it was there from the factory and the car will be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Since your dragging and this is a car only for that. I would up the compression and overbore (not very expencive) to get power right off the line. Something like an 8.5-9.0 compression. You will not need a big turbo. The boost will come on full blast like a freight train at right about 2000rpms. 3:70 rear with a 280zx (B) box.

You should be able to find some Datsun/Nissan wheels that look right on the car and give you a little bit more meat in the back. Swastikas look right with the body. Kinda stock looking.

I don't know if you can tell but I have been wanting to put an L28et in an S12... ;)

Good luck and keep us posted.

hahahahha well i HAD a S12.. well still do but its sold (2 days ago) to a guy and im swapping in a SR20DET in it.

guess what... he is running swasticas like i told him..

also guess what.. I GUTTED THE WHOLE CAR!!! just like u said too.. only the bare dash and nothing else.

it was gonna get a L28ET too, it does fit, it fits using stock S12 mounts too.. just a little help was needed with the welder.

S13 trannt mount works too with the 280ZX n/a 5-speed.

i had it all planned out but im a moron.

its a 86 S12 too.. with the cooler tail lights!

heres a few pics of it..

this is the 1st time we got the SR in it.. such a simple swap!

PDR_1433.JPG

PDR_1436.JPG

yes again im a moron.

mike

• 3 weeks later...