HybridZ

240 bumper on a 280

Guest aleXXX

can anyone help me, will a datsun 240z 1973 front bumber guard fit on a 1978 280z. thanks in advance. -alex

Yes, you must remove the old bumper first and then create custom brackets to hold the 240Z bumper. All it takes is a little fabrication. Do a good enough search (as stated above) and you'll find pictures of cars with the 240Z bumper that didn't come with them. Try a Google search and maybe you'll find a link to a site with a pic of all that someplace. One HybridZer has a website with the info...somewhere.

Davy

Ive done that conversion to three 280z cars right already, I can say its pretty easy.

For the rear, the 260z brackets and a 240z or early 260z bumper will bolt right up, after you get rid of the rear bump supports or saw them off, I usually saw them off.

For the front you have to drop the front bumper supports and fab up some L bracket looking brackets. Drill the body side of the brackets to bolt up where the 280z bumper supports go, and use the 280z bolts to bolt them up.