HybridZ

Repainted the 73' ALOT of pics

Clifton

I started it in late May and finished it last Sunday, working on it EVERY day. I rebuilt the bottom end and then went to work on the body. I changed every removable part. Doors (71), hood, hatch, headlight buckets, gas door, cowl, ect. I removed the sidemarkers, antenna and welded the fenders to the buckets. I sandblasted the rust in the engine compartment replaced part of the rusty rocker panel. The bumpers are stock steel ones I welded up (including the rear) and had powder coated along with all the trim.

Before

p10101736rx.jpg

Camber plate

73smallcamberplate0ph.jpg

73smalldside6pb.jpg

73smallpsiderear2gf.jpg

73smallpsiderust6qp.jpg

73smallrear5mw.jpg

73smallsilverside3cj.jpg

73silverfrontdside2ie.jpg

73smallengine1ig.jpg

73smallrear26sv.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about the paint (Just kidding). THAT CAR IS SO GOD DAMN FAST none of you would believe it. Runs perfect idles perfect breezes thru emissions without even raising an eyebrow. I know because I followed him thru (emissions). And it has perfect street manors if you keep your foot out of it. But if you keep your foot IN IT, Holy $hit is it fast. In first and second if "YOU" keep it floored long enough to get full boost 3400-3600 it will hit the rev limiter faster than you can let off the gas and push the clutch in. You cant even watch the tach its that fast. I have driven it and it "is" SILLY FAST!!! Clifton has perfect (shift) timing and plenty of practise, and this car is unbelievable in his hands.

I am probably one of the only ones on this board that has seen the car in person, and you guys wouldnt believe it.

Clifton, post photos of all the detail like all the door trim and the door jams the freshly zinc plated door strikers and all the new rubber hood and door bump stops the complete rear hatch seal kit, the powdercoated (black) stainless trim around the windsheild and and hatch glass the new rubber inside and out in the corner windows, THIS CAR IS SOO CLEAN YOU WILL DROOL ON IT!!!

The first time I went for a ride in it @ about the 500 RWHP level I was giddy as a school girl. When it makes full boost in 3rd gear (@55-60) it pulls so hard (all the way to 90+ or so) honestly feels like a 300 pound dude is pushing you back in your seat with his palms, forcing you to sit back.

Every ounce of this car is AWESOME Oh and BTW one of the reasons I got to see it so soon is because he came over to my house to weigh it. Another friend let me use his Longacre scales and his car tipped the scales at under 2500 pounds when we took all the crap out (jack, tire, changin crap, extinguisher, bla, bla)

So think about THAT! Almost 600 HP definately more than 550 RWHP in a 2500 pound car. Once I cools off (here in AZ) Clifton and I will go get some video of just how impressive this car is.

Lets see those other photos of the details.