HybridZ

Foose'd my front bumper

v8wannabe2

The bumper began life as a 76. I moved the strut mounts back a 2", built a new inner structure for the bumper with the mounts inset about 2", dropped the air dam down a couple inches, narrowed the bumper, removed the rubber pieces, filled the rubber mount holes and smoothed the lic plate mount area. A lot of work for a mod the average Joe won't notce.

F_bumper_003.jpg

cake_frt_bmper_007.jpg

frnt_end_003.jpg

Ya like that, check this out, I shaved the doorhandles and driprail and filled the b-pillar vent. When I put the new rear quarters on I Ispaced them out 1 1/4" on each side to widen the rear by 2 1/2 inches....look at the ridge behind the door. Oh yeah powdercoated the chrome around the window too. Again a whole bundle of mods a non-Z nut wouldn't notice.

DSC00446.JPG

If you are talking about that little vent circle; I think they are there to release air pressure when you close/slam the hatch. I think the older Zs had a rectangular vent on the bottom of the hatch themselves for the same purpose; then again, I usually don't know what the hell I am talking about. Just a guess.

Guest JAMIE T
What did you fill in to replace the drip rails? Bondo? Metal?

There is a seam that is revealed when the drip rail is cut off. You just need to weld the seam up an da grind it smooth. Sounds easy... But it's even easier to warp the sheet metal all to hell if not approached properly.