HybridZ

WOW!

Mike kZ

Took my car out for it's first real romp since changing my bad cam. Holly cow this thing can accelerate! Took it out on the highway for the first time all the way up to 6th gear, it was smooth with no rattles, and vibrations.Took it through some traffic, and it never went higher than 185 degrees. Had a lot of cars stop beside me at the lights, tring to figure out what it was. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again, that was just too much fun!!!! :Drockon.gif

good deal, man! it was pretty warm yesterday, so that's a great indication of how your car will run in the coming months. mine ran about the same temp yesterday. what kind of radiator and fan are you using?

also, what all did you do when you replaced your cam? did you just replace the stick and lifters? or did you check your bearings and whatnot, too? the metal from those worn lobes had to have gone somewhere, and usually not much goes thru your oil filter.

I'm using the aluminum and plastic Camero rad with a Taurus fan.

When I replaced the cam the whole engine was gone through. Replaced bearings, lifters, oil pump, and cleaned out the whole block. Hopefully everything is cool now! hail.gif