HybridZ

Thats the price of racing..

ZR8ED

Well It was bound to happen. We must all pay the piper sooner or later..

It was later for me I guess. I guess playing cat and mouse with that Ferrari (apparently it is called a 360 Modena) caused some excessive wear in my newly installed water pump. Not even 1 month old.. but it was a rebuild..it totally let go..big time.. The fact the fan stayed on was the best part. My mechanic found pieces of ball bearings lying on my strut towers. :eek:

I replaced the water pump with a new unit, not a rebuild this time.

The pump was all torn up inside. The bearings wore right through the housing and the shaft tore up the guts of housing as well. And yet it still barely left me walking. It happened on the highway, and I managed to get off right at the exit where my mechanics shop is. I let it cool off. topped it up with water, and drove it the last 2km to the shop by turning off the ign and coasting as far as I could. (most of the way was downhill luckily.) I had a friend pick me and take me home.

I did get the new pump under warranty tho. I only had to pay for labour to reinstall it.

So it did leave me walking I guess. but it was a near perfect place to break down. (well it was) good thing I have a sense of humour or else I'd be pretty PO'd

O well The car is fine now. shifty.gif