HybridZ

Infinity Q45T Engine in a 240/280z. Would It Work?

Guest LifeEscalade

Guest LifeEscalade

Just wondering because my dad has a Q45T and is willing to give me the engine once the tranny dies, granted I would have to pay to rebuild the engine or rebuild it myself. But the main question is would it fit into a 240 or 280z? Just want to know before I put money on the line for a nice dream car.

Guest LifeEscalade

well, ive popped the hood on my dad's q45t and theres a turbo in it alright, but then again, its just one Q45T out of how many out there on the road? lol well thanx for everything

well, ive popped the hood on my dad's q45t and theres a turbo in it alright, but then again, its just one Q45T out of how many out there on the road? lol well thanx for everything

unless he had someone fab up a completely custom turbo setup for his car there's no way in hell that there's a turbo in your dad's q45. q45t just stands for the touring model of the q45, which includes some trim options, not a turbo

:twak:

Guest LifeEscalade

well he did buy it 2 years old so it must have been the previous owner that had the turbo fabbed up for him (previous owner) but thanx for the Infinity info.

He is right, the T stands for touring. I own a 91 Q45 (for sale cheap). There is a guy on this website that knows all about them. Just do a search and you will find out from him that the engine and everything is basically a race motor situation with 315 hp stock, not 298 as the factory says. Just bolt on a turbo or supercharger and you can be looking at 600hp. Keep your Z all Nissan; buy my car and use everything in it before some old lady gets it. I am going to do a Chevy Z.8)

Well if you want a twin turbo Q45 just check this out: http://www.zparts.com/showcase/engines/pages/q45v8z-testfit.html

There is also another member on here Mtcookson (SP) who is doing an NA application I believe and is fabricating motor mounts you might want to contact him' date=' if you are serious about the swap.

Tyson[/quote']

i'm going to run it around n/a first but it will definitely be getting a turbo setup down the road.

slow but steady. i pretty much just need to get the tranny conversion plate made and i'll be able to start doing mounts and such. hopefully next spring it will be ready to go, so to speak. there's a lot of work to but i at least want to get it where it will drive under its own power. from there i'll start doing all of the add-ons that i need (brakes, suspension, etc.)