HybridZ

Turbo Tom's Setup

SuperDan

• Administrators

Hope the admins don't bang on me for this but...

Gauging interest in a complete and I do mean complete Turbo Tom’s draw thru setup (no engine).

Trying to get an idea of what $$$ I can get for it.

It includes his own custom water injection system (I have not hooked it up).

This setup actually came off of Tom’s personal car a few months ago after it was sold last year when he passed away.

The engine was a built L28ET and the car ran excellent, I had a long conversion with the shop that maintained the car.

I was told that the car was making ~500 rwhp at ~22 psi the time it was pulled.

I have since installed it on a stock L24 and it runs incredibly well for an old 102k mile L24, but I do have the boost turned down to ~9 psi.

This setup is basically a plug and play deal, all you would need is to hookup the exhaust to the down pipe (3 inch) get the fuel connected and re-locate the ignition coil to the passenger side of the engine compartment.

I was going to keep my car stock looking and use this setup because it was so cool, retro and kind of rare/unique but I have since decided to go LS1.:twisted:

How much should I be asking for it guys?

I will post some pics later if anyone is interested.

Turbo tom died in an interstate accident (tom and his girlfriend were both killed) it was a pileup down in Atlanta I believe. Horrible thing to happen, one of my buddy's was good friends with him and was working with him on building his car. All i can say is AMAZING work. Not too much stopped them. My buddy has a Richmond 6 speed tranny mated to a l28, C5 vette brakes, and just loads and loads of other quality custom stuff. I think anything turbo tom made was exceptional.

-Austin

• Administrators

People have been PM'ing me and would like to see whats included, here is a pic of most of what is included.

What is not shown in the picture are all the screws, nuts, bolts, gaskets, cables etc... like I said, complete.

TTB.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest Dorifto

Yeah, I'm VERY interested in this setup - though it'll take me a few months to afford it [just bought another car], I'm definitely down for this package.

As for what it costs, I say total up what parts at cost would be, then adjust accordingly from there. Offering price ... well, I don't want to sound cheap, but still don't want to overshoot it ... $750?

-Dave-O

• 11 months later...

Mine was set up by Tom himself back in 1979. I just got a 1970 240 Z that is # 806...........fully built motor, water/methanol, dual stage NOS system, suspension and all of the goodies.........I did the math on mine and at 18lbs. of boost this thing puts out 468Whp......( without NOS)

• 2 years later...