HybridZ

External Wastegate open or re-route into exhaust

Thumper

Dyno results have proven that open wastegates VS piped back into the exhaust can increase horsepower by 20-40whp on a turbo 4 cylinder!! Thats no joke! Ask yourself, "Self, would I like 20 or 30 more horsepower?" uhhh... yes!

Oh, you guys are skeered of a little wastegate noise? Come on... everyone with an external wastegate should run it wide open. Let everyone know you have it when it opens!!!

I ran an open wastegate for a couple of years, and I stopped using my horn. You want to see people get the heck out of your way? Hit them with that! I also got out of having to run countless fools who wanted to street race. (just by spooling the turbo and opening the wastegate for a moment to shrug them off) :twak:

It's Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. The Doctor is calm, cool, and collective. Mr Hyde, on the other hand, is wild and out of freaking control.

I consider the open wastegate to be one of the best parts of a turbo car. I love it. Make mine LOUD please. :-D

Dyno results have proven that open wastegates VS piped back into the exhaust can increase horsepower by 20-40whp on a turbo 4 cylinder!! Thats no joke! Ask yourself' date=' "Self, would I like 20 or 30 more horsepower?" uhhh... yes!

[/quote']

At what boost and RPM? No way it will give anything near that on a L28 running 15 psi with 3" exhaust.

• 2 months later...

I run my 1.5" wg pipe to the atmosphere and it isnt loud at all. The car is nearly silent off boost since the regular 2.5" exhaust has a glasspack inline w/ the muffler. When the wg opens it breaks the silence a little and complements the inevitable acceleration thats happening at that point, but is nowhere near loud. I don't know why other peoples' are so loud unless they're running shorter pipes or bigger diameter pipes, but I love having mine straight to the atmo. If the sheet of ice ever melts off of my road I'll get a video from in the car posted on here so you all can hear what I'm talking about.