HybridZ

VH45/VK56 swaps?

Collectindust240Z

Is it safe to assume that nobody has successfully performed a swap with either of these engines is a S30? Is the VK56 a front or rear sump motor? I'd love to do one of these swaps. The 56 is a much better looking engine. Who cares about ultimate power, what about the sound of one of those babies through some race mufflers?! Kinda like the new Jag XK. Nasty

Keep me posted. I just got my L28 in my '71, but I already want something different. I don't really want to go the SBC route, I'm sucker for exotic stuff. My boss is a SBC nut. He has a 700+ hp, ProCharged 385 in his 70 Nova. He's been twisting my arm to do a nasty small block in the Z. I'm trying to resist. It's hard not to love the sound of a V8. I just prefer the sound of exotic V8s.

• Administrators

How bout just a little more info, like do you already have the VK56 in your possession, do you have the car that it getting the VK56, is the engine in the car yet, what tranny are you planning to use, etc…

I was going to use a L28 but. Yeah im welding up the chassis on the S130 now.

Im getting the VK out of a titan from a junkyard here in IL soon. Obvisouly using custom mounts....Im going to be using the VK transmission, modified ZX driveshaft and the R200 (3.54) Its going to be a automatic. But if that doesnt work, i will probably use a TH400 or a T56... I have access to a CNC laser cutter/ other CNC machinery, so making things custom is a breaze.

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to use a L28 but. Yeah im welding up the chassis on the S130 now.

Im getting the VK out of a titan from a junkyard here in IL soon. Obvisouly using custom mounts....Im going to be using the VK transmission' date=' modified ZX driveshaft and the R200 (3.54) Its going to be a automatic. But if that doesnt work, i will probably use a TH400 or a T56... I have access to a CNC laser cutter/ other CNC machinery, so making things custom is a breaze.[/quote']

i am definitely going to keep tabs on your swap, as that is my current plan as well. would you be willing to manufacture custom mounts for those of us who don't have access to a machine shop?

do you think the r200 will be able to hold with the torqe the engine will be putting out?

i am definitely going to keep tabs on your swap' date=' as that is my current plan as well. would you be willing to manufacture custom mounts for those of us who don't have access to a machine shop?

do you think the r200 will be able to hold with the torqe the engine will be putting out?[/quote']

i think the R200 is going to hold up... Im worried about chassis flex more though. If there is interest i can make several....

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am putting a VK56 in a S130.

Good to see, the S130 has a much stiffer and stronger chassis compared with the S30, which in my opinion is too light and flexy for anything more than ~300whp. Am putting a VG30DET with Z32 manual gearbox in my S130, together with S14 suspension etc front and back.