HybridZ

I Im upset and Im sure you guys will understand!!

Guest traub83

Guest traub83

OK went to my shop today didnt really pay much attention ok.. I then went to my back room and my door back there was open. I thought that was a lil odd till I looked at my motor!! yah know my twin turbo project!! Yah it was layin on the ground with the engine stand pushed over my turbos are gone a bunch of tools are gone, and my MSD Ignition is gone!!! Thats pretty much all i see that is missing but its the principal of the matter... I have called the police and they got a few footprints outside on my shop, and they think they have some fingerprints if there not mine on my tool box so hopefully they will catch whoever done this... My shop was locked up and always is. They pryed open my back door and messed up the latch thats why my door was still open!!!! Insurance says if the parts dont come back within 2 weeks they will replace all thats missing with my deductable of course!!!! GASH!!!! I can imagine it was some dumb punk kid who wants turbos for his honda cause he didnt touch my friends 426 hemi that wasnt 5 feet from my turbo project!!! and the cops even laughed at that and said they would be after that!!! then I showed them some cars and off they went!! Im really ticked off about this and its makin me double think doin a twin turbo project cause I got those turbo's at a steal of a price 200 bux each new lol and I wont be able to get that deal again so now im just think cheap easy bolt on vortech blower 10pounds of boost and a nice built motor thats clean!!!! Regardless I want my damn shi* back and those people whoever did it sittin in jail. Cause even if its my mother (jk on that) im pressin charges cause thats just BS!!!!!!

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No respect. I'd fingerprint your mother just in case! heh, you never know. Get a camera system installed, they may be back. I hope that you dont give up on the project...I wanna see that come through! Its just a setback, s**t happens...but once you get that twin turbo monster on the road...life will be all better.

its a REAL shame its illegal to shoot thieves you catch ON THE SPOT!

now I know it to late,but you may prevent further losses

Id install a unbeleiveably loud alarm (several sireins, 4 minimum,of at least 140-150 DB)with door contacts, strobe lights and motion sensors (I already did in my garage), its very hard to steal stuff, un-noticed, if every person in the area is out in the street pissing and bitching about the noise your allarm makes and as mentioned get several dogs, (Ive got 4 now) youll need to walk out and look over your property like a thief might and make the garage damn near impossiable to get into without setting off allarms at a minimum...gates, fences,spot lights,motion sensors,cameras,all can be used, yeah its a TOTAL P.I.T.A. and can get expensive but its NECESSARY if you want to keep your stuff safe

Get a dog and a camera, that way if they do break in you'll have a video to laugh at. You'll be able to call the cops and say "you guys have got to see this, it should be easy to find them at the hospital".

It's kind of funny to see the looks on peoples faces when they ask if they can pet my dog, I always say "Sure, as long as we're here".

- Joe

Guest traub83

yah i dont wanna quit my turbo project its just those turbos I got for a steal of a price and i cant get the same deal again so this time ill pay 2-3x the price for the turbo's which sucks!!! A Dog will be in my future guarenteed and prob a camera system and some motion decector lights all over outside of it besides the dog run of course.. Its really sad when a normal lock and closed windows arnt good enough anymore!!! So till i send my block back to get magnafluxed to see if it didnt get cracked when it hit the ground and get everything taken care of My project has taken a complete stop. I want to retrace all my steps and get my stuff back in order before I dump more money into something just to have it stolen again!! So I don't plan on really buyin much more for my motor now till xmas time, just to be safe and to get all my ducks in a row!! but dont worry my twin turbo project is still gonna happen if i can find some turbos for a good deal again or if my insurance gives me a sweet check to replace those stolen!! I told them they are 800 bux a piece so lets hope I get it :-)

Guest traub83
Somebody' date=' of course, knew the Turbos were there.

Let's each send him a $10 money order and help him buy new stuff. That's what friends are for.[/quote']

Thanks for the offer man, but its really not needed my insuranse is gonna cover it minus my deductable of 250 bux which isnt too shabby.. But I will tell ya what I could use!! I could use a helping hand or two when it comes time to put together this car and get it tuned right... heck first rides are free and free beer and burgers can't go wrong there.. But this wont be till next spring/summer now!!

But if you guys wanna send me free money I naturally will accept lol :-) make things move more quickly for the turbo :-P heh heh heh

Guest traub83

Dr hunt that sayin is soo true!! I just hope my block is ok cause there is a divit in my concrete floor where the block hit so it hit hard!! I just hope it didnt put a crack in it!! so i dropped it off at the shop earlier today and they will let me know tomarrow when they can get it checked out!! if its messed I am gonna be hot!!! ebay will get all my sbc stuff I bought and I will just go buy a 2jz and 6 speed for my ride like I orginally thought about doing...

I feel your pain !!! A couple of years ago the same happened to me. When I got to the shop all the doors were open and almost all of my tools and equipment were gone. The thieves backed a truck to one of the garage doors and wiped me out. It's a bit late but ADT is on duty now. The alarm is so loud you can't stand to be in the building. It's also on the cell system so there are no ways to disable it. To date not a single thing has been recovered. I doubt anything ever will.

It's only illegal to shoot a thief if you get caught... :shock::lmao:

If you find out who did it, lay low after everything settles and the insurance is paid... then pay them a visit after dark... Wear black clothes, catch them from behind, and remind them why they really don't ever want to have the misfortune of finding their sticky fingers attached to your personal belongings ever again... I hear it's a b!tch to have to wipe your arse with busted hands... :lmao:

Mike :cool:

Damn Mike, Charles Bronson ain't got shat on you!!! Didn't know vigilante's live east of the ol' Miss..

Broken hands ain't enough, gotta give them time to think things over at home while the broken legs and ribs heal, then it's a lesson they will never forget. Mike is sooooooo right on target. And Traub83, it is someone you know!

get a dog, a really mean dog

Best theft deterent you can have in my opinion. I dont have really nice stuff like alot of you all do, but what I do have is good for me and I protect it with my damn life. I have an English Mastif named Jeff. He weighs in at about 195pds and by the time hes fully grown he should be sitting at 210-220pds. Wanna see someone stop dead in there tracks? Let em walk into a garage with one or two Mastifs. Nothing says "Get the **** out asshat." like a pair of dogs bigger than the theif.

About a month ago I heard a noise from my garage followed by Jeff's growling and barking, I grabbed my shotgun (its a .410 so it most likely wont do much except make the theif angry.. =/) and ran into the garage to see what was up - As I came in, the side door into the garage slammed shut. I ran over to it and opened it to let Jeff out, sure enough, some little ****-turd was running full speed away. Jeff gave chase but the guy got in some little compact thing and drove off. I couldnt get the plate number though =/

With Mastifs you also get the benefit of having a dog thats not anti social and likely to attack and maul small children.

As stated though, get one hell of an alarm and something with fur and teeth. I hope you catch em man, I hope *you* catch em and make em hurt.

Guest traub83

It has to be someone I know has to be... cause who else would break in and just take parts here and there!! but with the parts and tools taken it makes me think it was a teen who did it!! cause really MSD ignition box 2 turbos, and a socket set from MAC and a torque wrech from snap on and a few impact stuff was all that i found gone! those are the tings teenagers want really bad ya know!! but then again like I said once the police find who did it I will not be so nice to them cause if its a friend there gonna get it worse than if I dont know them. Cause that isnt what friends do to friends..

ADT hmm thats an option there I will give them a call and see what kind of prices they can give me for a setup!

And MiKelly I love your idea care to join me on a night ops? afterwards im sure there will be beer and some good laughs and we can blow stuff up ha ha like there car!!! :-)

Guest traub83
Best theft deterent you can have in my opinion. I dont have really nice stuff like alot of you all do' date=' but what I do have is good for me and I protect it with my damn life. I have an English Mastif named Jeff. He weighs in at about 195pds and by the time hes fully grown he should be sitting at 210-220pds. Wanna see someone stop dead in there tracks? Let em walk into a garage with one or two Mastifs. Nothing says "Get the **** out asshat." like a pair of dogs bigger than the theif.

About a month ago I heard a noise from my garage followed by Jeff's growling and barking, I grabbed my shotgun (its a .410 so it most likely wont do much except make the theif angry.. =/) and ran into the garage to see what was up - As I came in, the side door into the garage slammed shut. I ran over to it and opened it to let Jeff out, sure enough, some little ****-turd was running full speed away. Jeff gave chase but the guy got in some little compact thing and drove off. I couldnt get the plate number though =/

With Mastifs you also get the benefit of having a dog thats not anti social and likely to attack and maul small children.

As stated though, get one hell of an alarm and something with fur and teeth. I hope you catch em man, I hope *you* catch em and make em hurt.[/quote']

HA HA some rotts should do the trick!! But as for guns I have guns, I have been dyin to try out my desert eagle hand cannon!!! Only shot it a few times at some targets and damn it feels like a 12 gauge when ya fire it ha ha!!! It do some damage to someone and there car ha ha!!! and hey i like .410's :-D I personally like small rifles like my .22 and my .22/250 I love that gun like none other isnt the best for allround hunting but its fun to see an animal drop dead then ya hear the bang from the gun!! :-)