HybridZ

I Im upset and Im sure you guys will understand!!

Guest traub83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks man If that happened to me i would kill the little F**** Im 17 and i cant afford 90% of the things I want, but you dont see me running around stealing sh!t, thats just messed up. Hope you find emm and accidently run into emm in the middle of the night, ya know what i mean? Well good luck and sorry man that sucks.

IN TX or OK it is legal to kill a thief if you catch them in the act.

OK calls it the "Make My Day Law"...

I heard of one guy who killed a burgler coming out of his outbuilding (it was a long and involved story that I don't remember most of, but the ex-burgler smartly deserved it). The policeman who responded took one look at where the body was laying, and told the homeowner he was going down to the corner store to get a cup of coffee, and to move the body completely into the building before he got back.

Sometimes I LOVE living in Texas.

Sorry to hear about your loss Traub.... I am in the QC also, and this place is getting worse all the time for petty (and not so petty) theft. Our Garage was broken into this spring, fortunately we only lost a bike that was a 2 week old B-day gift.... all tools and the Z were untouched. Hopefully you get fully compensated and back on track with the project.... heck, I know almost no one here, I would love to kill a beer and turn a wrench with ya, been a long time since I was around a project that was nearing completion.

Not to sidetrack the "just deserts" nature of the thread, but what is your project? Other than 1979 and newer, I have seen exactly 3 Z's in the QC in the past 4 years, other than my 240Z.... Cant tell ya how happy I am to know I am not alone here, lol.

tannji

Yeah,. the .410 is ok I guess. Its a J. Stevens Arms Company model from the early 20's, well before the Savage buy-out. Nice quality little thing but not fancy.

But yeah, some Rotts, Dobermans, Mastifs and/or Am-Staffs (pits) should take care of the lions share of required security. Dogs are also kick-*** to have period.

Honestly though, my cat wouldnt do a bad job acting as security either. Shes only like 10pds, but man she is MEAN.

Cats are freakin' crazy. They may not be as threatening as big dogs but they can be NUTS! When they go ballistic, you DO NOT want to be near them.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1299/funny_cats/

Sorry about the theft...maybe this video will cheer you up. I had three bikes and one car stolen from me...I grew up in the Bronx.

I heard of one guy who killed a burgler coming out of his outbuilding (it was a long and involved story that I don't remember most of' date=' but the ex-burgler smartly deserved it). The policeman who responded took one look at where the body was laying, and told the homeowner he was going down to the corner store to get a cup of coffee, and to move the body completely into the building before he got back.

Sometimes I LOVE living in Texas.[/quote']

That story is likely a fabrication, you are allowed to use lethal force in TX to prevent felony acts against your person, property, or family and in certain cases against any person (violent crimes).

You are also allowed to PURSUE in TX any crime, such as car theft, etc.. it is a little more specific than that, basically you can pursue if you cathc them i the act, but once you lose pursuit, you cannot continue.

So a felonious criminal does not have to be IN your home for you to use lethal force in TX.

Link to news article on OK law:

http://www.oksenate.gov/news/National_Media/nm20041031.html

I recently took the concealed carry class in TX and the TX laws are covered in detail in the course. Pretty interesting.

However I don't believe TX law prevents you from civil action like the OK law does.

In Virginia there is much more at risk.

You are considered at fault unless you can prove to a jury of your idiots, I mean peers, That you were in fear of your life. Lets say someone comes into my garage and is stealing my corvette and I catch them as they are getting into the car. All I can do is stand behind the car so he can't move it. Once he moves the car towards me in a threatening maner, Game on! BANG! :lmao:

However, just catching someone in your home in virginia doesn't give you the right to blast, stab, beat, or otherwise terminate the life of a scumbag.

This whole issue came to light in 1998 when some peckerwood broke into my garage and stole a $3000 MTB. Once he was caught trying to get it repaired at a local bike shop (He was asking about "value" of it), I was informed by the police that they probably wouldn't prosecute. Funny... :lmao:

Four weeks later I get a pair of cruisers come to my home. Apparently this fine young man and his father were attacked in his front yard in the middle of the night and subdued, by an assailent who was dressed in black and wearing a balaclava. The officer reminded me of the conversation I had with her when she had previously informed me that the county probably wouldn't press charges since the ladd was only caught with the stollen goos, and not in the process of stealing them... Back then I'd mentioned that not prosecuting the scumbag would only breed a vigilant community, making her job obsolete. Anyway, We had a back and forth about where I was, and what I did or did not do... Finally I told the officer to either arrest me or get off my property. I then got my cell phone and called my attorney... They left and I never heard a word from them again.

6 months later I ran into the young ladd in a grocery store and he left his shopping cart (With a kid in it) and left the store... Leaving the kid... :lmao: His girlfriend came up to me ten minutes later and informed me that the guy would never steal another thing in his life... "Lesson learned" was her exact words. :lmao:

Find them, then prosecute them. If the local "LAW" doesn't help you out, Just find them... :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Guest traub83

Tannji, Wow it is nice to know of a fellow QC'er here on the board!! Your more than welcome to help me wrench and get things in order!!! Ill provide the beer and pizza or burgers whichever we desire for the day lol!!! I am going out of town in the next 2 weeks and wont be back till late winter prob january sometime so like I said this project wont be needin help till next spring but Im glad your here!! You can be the first to go on a cruise with me :-) Hope ya bring a helmet!! ohh and by the way my car im buildin is a 72 240z :-P

I am not a lawyer but common sense (don't ask my wife) tells me that the laws everywhere now basically forbid you shooting someone in the back and killing him after you chased him back to the road or wherever (you are safe at this point) over the theft of a tape deck or something; but they let you use unlimited force to protect your person if they are coming AT YOU. Obviously, if they are in your house or garage, etc. in the middle of the night and they have a knife (somehow), or a gun (somehow), you can do anything you want. Might be better if they are shot in the front of their body rather than in the back, unless, of course, you were sleepy, it was dark, and you were SCARED because you saw the knife, etc. in their hands.

It is best if they fall inside, have a weapon, etc. if you get my drift.

Maybe I should be a cop.

They didn't just steal the Turbos, they stole the entire effort of finding them, the luck of making the great deal, and the future use on a very nice personal vehicle. New ones can't replace that.

The real bad news is now you are going to have to deal with an insurance agency. I would rather let my wife spend the weekend with the Philadelphia 76ers as a playtoy than go through that. You think you've been robbed now, just wait.

I just had to edit this because, somehow I missed Mikekelly's post and just saw it. He is completely right, and it does take some nads (love the IRISH) to ensure you and your stuff is protected. I tell my son, if you are in a street fight; don't jump up and down looking around for A referee to enforce the rules for you. This is not a sporting competition, JUST WIN AND WIN BIG ENOUGH HE WON'T COME BACK!, and yes, you can get hurt, but what else can you do; run and hide, no thanks.

By the way, Mike was with me that one night in question. We were working on his car. Also, he never wears black, doesn't feel that he looks good in that color. I have further details if need be.

Well, if you read the American Rifleman, I'm a life member, they have a section on stories of how gun owners defended themselves. There was a man in Las Cruces, big time IPSC pistol competitor, can't remember his name. Seems two thugs broke into his home in LC, NM one night, didn't know he was there cause he had a garage where he parked his car. He was in his bed reading, heard the break in and grabbed a 9mm semi auto. Went to the hall way, met both guys coming down the hall, one had a tire iron. Both turned and ran, he double tapped one in the back who collapsed in the hall and he double tapped the other in the back as he went out the door. The second one died in the escape vehicle parked in the driveway with the engine running and his seat belt on. Charges were filed on the home owner, NRA defended him, the charges were later dropped.

Most likely someone was talking about all the good stuff you had in your garage.

In my neck of the woods, a really mean dog that bites is a liability. Wire your garage for sound...... real sound. Something like two sirens INSIDE the garage with a stobe light. Four Radio shack cameras feeding a looped tape, inside your house. ADT or other monitored system is nice. The first item is to trigger enough noise and light that the perp is disorientated. The second is to get is good visual record. Although illegal in many states, I use double sided dead bolts... the thought here is if they come in a window, they'll go out that window.

Finally, and not to be too pessimistic: lots of these guys will come back for a second load. Be prepared.

g

I feel for ya man. Although not as expensive as your loss, my Dad and I just had four 24 foot ladders ripped off from the job site. Two aluminium and two fiberglass ladders. Nobody steals from me or my family, nobody. I will find them. I'm thinking once I find out who they are, someone, don't know who, will sneak up behind them one night, choke them out, ziptie thier legs and arms together behind thier back and ducktape thier mouth, then leave them in the middle of a park a few towns over, with "I'm a thief" written in ink across thier forehead.

I am not a lawyer but common sense (don't ask my wife) tells me that the laws everywhere now basically forbid you shooting someone in the back and killing him after you chased him back to the road or wherever (you are safe at this point) over the theft of a tape deck or something; but they let you use unlimited force to protect your person if they are coming AT YOU. Obviously' date=' if they are in your house or garage, etc. in the middle of the night and they have a knife (somehow), or a gun (somehow), you can do anything you want. Might be better if they are shot in the front of their body rather than in the back, unless, of course, you were sleepy, it was dark, and you were SCARED because you saw the knife, etc. in their hands.

It is best if they fall inside, have a weapon, etc. if you get my drift.

Maybe I should be a cop.

They didn't just steal the Turbos, they stole the entire effort of finding them, the luck of making the great deal, and the future use on a very nice personal vehicle. New ones can't replace that.

The real bad news is now you are going to have to deal with an insurance agency. I would rather let my wife spend the weekend with the Philadelphia 76ers as a playtoy than go through that. You think you've been robbed now, just wait.

I just had to edit this because, somehow I missed Mikekelly's post and just saw it. He is completely right, and it does take some nads (love the IRISH) to ensure you and your stuff is protected. I tell my son, if you are in a street fight; don't jump up and down looking around for A referee to enforce the rules for you. This is not a sporting competition, JUST WIN AND WIN BIG ENOUGH HE WON'T COME BACK!, and yes, you can get hurt, but what else can you do; run and hide, no thanks.

By the way, Mike was with me that one night in question. We were working on his car. Also, he never wears black, doesn't feel that he looks good in that color. I have further details if need be.[/quote']

Not true,In some states, you right to defend yourself is very limited and even if justifiable you may stil go to prison..

California being one that I would never live in for exactly these reasons.

Unfortunately common sense does not prevail and in many places the criminal is considered the "victim". They had a bad childhood, you have no right to KILL to protect your property, no matter how expensive it is.

Is it "right" to kill over a small dollar item, say a tape deck? I don't think it is "right" but neither is stealing it in the first place.

Another moral argument that defining the clear cut lines of right and wrong are difficult, and if you were put in a situation where "YOU" felt your life, property, or family were at risk, you should be able to use whatever force you have at your disposal to stop it.

Unfotunately you would likely be judged by people who have never had their life on the line and do not understand what it means to make life or death decisions under exteme conditions.

It's an never ending deal.

If it's OK to shoot someone IN your home stealing an item, and shoot them in the face, it's not OK to shoot them in the back while they flee with your property.

I can tell you from experience in my line of work, in the face or in the back, they are still dead, and either way, THEY put themselves in the position to be that way.

Don't want to be dead, don't steal.

The law should always be on the true victims side from beginning to end of an ordeal, i.e., no civil suits in a self defense case by the perpetrator of a crime.

Do some research on this type of stuff and you may be surprised to find, it isn't a fair deal for YOU the person who earns your property.

In the name of being "civilized" we have taken away the basic rights of those who deserve them and follow the rule of law, and given rights to those who do not care about morals, laws, or your property or person.

Guest traub83

if there not comming at you then just find some way to make them turn around and then pop them, call the cops then and tell them they had a knife and was commin at you. if they dont have a weapon already that is, then go to your kitchen and grab a knife that would be easily accessed and just put it in there hand and make them grip it so there prints are on it then yes they were comming at you tryin to harm you!!

Update on my motor!!!! The engine isnt hurt needs honed a lil but it was like that before so engine is still strong and the project will be on her way as soon as my turbo's are found or insurance gets off there *** and pays me my money to replace my shi* darn farmers insurance!!!

this is a lil offtopic but to those of you guys that have a weiand procharger like thre 142's and 177's is there a way you can make those run with fuel injection?? Im thinkin about Fuel injectin the other Z but I wanna keep my blower on it.. I have been thinkin about the Holly commander 950 TBI system but Im unsure if it would work right or not anyone know??? Also would it also help out with fuel mileage with it?? im gettin around 12-14mpg out of her now if i dont romp on it.. Id like to get that closer to 20mpg with the blower and fuel injection was the first to pop into my mind so anyone know if it work and if it will increase my MPG over my 750 holley dp carb??