HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

Guest levelhead86

I love 'em, even/especially without the armrest... but, I'm zx'd. How much modification, off hand, would I need to do to adapt it?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW' date=' looking great! Count me in for a "simple" pair.

Remember guys, this is just the base door panel SHELL he's offering, NOT A COMPLETE door panel with ___ and ___ and ____.

Anyway, keep up the great work![/quote']

Thanks for reiterating that, Igor. Also be advised that this is not my own venture. I'm not making money off of this deal; I met this guy Pete who makes trick fiberglass parts (interior and exterior) for 510's and after we got to talking he decided to hook us up. He's reasonably priced and has done some great work (I have visited his workshop and have seen his products firsthand). This is not his profession, though, and that is why this has been slow in coming about.

The main idea is to offer a 'simple panel' that is not finished, meaning that the buyer can finish it off in terms of upholstery, CF, or whatever. Also, fasteners are the buyer's responsibility as well---we'll recommend particular fasteners when the time comes. Most Datsun owners are extremely handy, especially the guys on this board, so don't anyone freak out about how to mount these when the time comes.

Davy

I love 'em, even/especially without the armrest... but, I'm zx'd. How much modification, off hand, would I need to do to adapt it?

So you have a ZX? That is not really an option at the moment, unfortunately. If you had the skill to adapt one of these panels, then you probably have the skill to fabricate one yourself---I'm not being rude here, just stating the facts since I think the ZX door panel is an entirely different animal altogther. This primary run will be for the 240 and 260 cars, sorry.

Davy

why cant we run them on a 280Z???

mike

Mike, the I believe the 260Z (late) and 280Z (for sure) have a slightly different door panel, at least where the holes line up for the window crank, door handle, etc. That will require another mold. I believe he has plans for that, but right now it is for the 240Z.

Davy

Guest levelhead86
So you have a ZX? That is not really an option at the moment' date=' unfortunately. If you had the skill to adapt one of these panels, then you probably have the skill to fabricate one yourself---I'm not being rude here, just stating the facts since I think the ZX door panel is an entirely different animal altogther. This primary run will be for the 240 and 260 cars, sorry.

Davy[/quote']

Understood.

Davy,

As I said before, They Look Fantastic.

The armrests would be nice molded in but are certainly not mandatory.

Anyone with a little skill, some wood, fiberglass mat and epoxy can add them later and get exactly what they want.

I'm excited to see the speaker locations though as I have no tunes in my car.

Please PM me when you get down to business on these.

Excellent work on bringing this gents talent/craftsmanship to the Z community BTW.

Thanks, Mike.

Mike' date=' the I believe the 260Z (late) and 280Z (for sure) have a slightly different door panel, at least where the holes line up for the window crank, door handle, etc. That will require another mold. I believe he has plans for that, but right now it is for the 240Z.

Davy[/quote']

Any idea how much difference there is between 240z and 280z? I'm very interested in these panels, but I need them for a 75 280z.

hey

those panels look great.....I'm just wondering would it be possible for you to get them over to Australia?

my door trims are stuffed (and i was going to have to make them w/ a speaker modification anyway).

Mine is just a plain 71' 240Z.

Huw

Any idea how much difference there is between 240z and 280z? I'm very[/u'] interested in these panels, but I need them for a 75 280z.

Pete, I'm getting mixed messages about the differences between the two. Someone mentioned that the only difference is the place where the door lock is. If that's true, then heck, we can drill a hole anywhere we darn well please. I need to get a look at a 280Z door and panel. I'm hoping Kyle (innerware) can shoot me a stock 280Z door panel one of these days or maybe I can get out to a wrecking yard soon. I dunno. Hold on for the time being. I'll announce it if they are the same or what we can do to modify the 240Z panels when they are finished. In any event they're next on the list.

Davy

hey

those panels look great.....I'm just wondering would it be possible for you to get them over to Australia?

my door trims are stuffed (and i was going to have to make them w/ a speaker modification anyway).

Mine is just a plain 71' 240Z.

Huw

Oh yeah. I've been contacted by few guys in Europe and now Australia for some panels. I don't think it will be a problem, just costly for shipping. Good thing the panels are darn light. I'll let eveyone know when my friend Pete has them made to ship out.

Davy

Pete' date=' I'm getting mixed messages about the differences between the two. Someone mentioned that the only difference is the place where the door lock is. If that's true, then heck, we can drill a hole anywhere we darn well please. I need to get a look at a 280Z door and panel. I'm hoping Kyle (innerware) can shoot me a stock 280Z door panel one of these days or maybe I can get out to a wrecking yard soon. I dunno. Hold on for the time being. I'll announce it if they are the same or what we can do to modify the 240Z panels when they are finished. In any event they're next on the list.

Davy[/quote']

Excellent. I'll stay tuned.

Here is your 280 door panel. I think its from a 77, but I'm not sure. I got them in a junkyard about 9 years ago because they were in good condition and might be needed one day.

Mike, thanks for the picture! I'll see what we can do with it. Great for reference, anyway. Pete, the fabricator has already seen the pic and we're talking about it.

Spotfitz, we're trying to make it happen asap, but cannot make promises. If it is possible, we'll make our best effort to get 'r done!

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Im new here so let me apologize for the repeat post Im sure, But I need to get in touch the guy making the factory fiberglass panels?? I just need the plain ole panel without all the fancy speaker stuff on it.

Thanks a bunch

Ray

Hey everyone' date='

Im new here so let me apologize for the repeat post Im sure, But I need to get in touch the guy making the factory fiberglass panels?? I just need the plain ole panel without all the fancy speaker stuff on it.

Thanks a bunch

Ray[/quote']

That would be John Washington of Reation Research, www.reactionresearch.com.