HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

Hey guys,

Thats lots of great information! I ship all orders with the door latch cut out and the speaker hole cut out, nothing more. That way the end user can use their own/original panel to determine the exact mounting points as well as door pull mounting points etc etc...

I spoke to 2fiddyz today and he's working on getting me a set of panels ...BUT if anyone is local to the San Francisco bay area and wants to send a set of panels my way ... lets make it happen, the better shape there in the better.

Pete

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my knowledge didn't have a tad of uncertainty to it, I would have chimed in a few days ago.. but I am fairly certain that while there are differences in the door poanels from 70-76, they are all more or less interchangeable. The most significant should be the one piece handle, versus one small handle and a strap mentioned above, and IIRC all the doors actually have the capacity to take either setup.... it MAY be that the later doors can still use the earlier setup..

But I have a 7/75 280Z, that currently has 240Z doors on it, and I ahve played lots of games with the related hardware.. I preferred the 280Z, one piece angled door handle, and I think I retained it on my driver door but not the passenger... Anyway, most of the differences from 70-76 should be moot. The later 280Z doors, with the different latch etc, are totally different in every way. I *think* that the lock knobs might interchange, and the window cranks :)

If my knowledge didn't have a tad of uncertainty to it, I would have chimed in a few days ago.. but I am fairly certain that while there are differences in the door poanels from 70-76, they are all more or less interchangeable. The most significant should be the one piece handle, versus one small handle and a strap mentioned above, and IIRC all the doors actually have the capacity to take either setup.... it MAY be that the later doors can still use the earlier setup..

But I have a 7/75 280Z, that currently has 240Z doors on it, and I ahve played lots of games with the related hardware.. I preferred the 280Z, one piece angled door handle, and I think I retained it on my driver door but not the passenger... Anyway, most of the differences from 70-76 should be moot. The later 280Z doors, with the different latch etc, are totally different in every way. I *think* that the lock knobs might interchange, and the window cranks :)

• 1 month later...

I'm in san jose, and I have two panels, one of them in not so great shape. The other one I think it fine. I'm highly interested in getting some replacements simply because it's a huge pain in the ass to get originals or repair the current ones. I'd rather get some fiberglass ones, mount a nice speaker to it, and paint it black or grey or make it look nice :)

PM me and I'll look into those panels I have for my '70 240z. it's a low serial number (my sig)

Are these door panels still available?

GM, contact Rayven14 since he's the one producing them. He'll make you a set for sure and he does pretty good work from what I have seen.

If anyone has any question please post them or give me a call and I'll be happy to assist you in anyway that I can

Pete

510-938-8297

This is a quote from the page prior. You can email him, PM him, or contact him (Pete aka Rayven14) directly.

Davy

I dont have any plans to produce a headliner, just the thought of trying to make something like that in the car is scary.

As far as the weight of the panels goes I typically produce them with three layers of glass BUT!! I've had guys request that I only use one layer of glass and one layer of cloth. The end result is a very very very light product but you also loose some rigidity in the end. Without ever weighing them I would have to say there about the same weight as a factory panel.

Pete

29PGC10,

No, I dont have complete doors or outer skins I only do the interior stuff for the Z's right now.

Greenmonster,

I would love to produce a factory panel BUT!! I put a request out there for a set of factory panels that were in decent enough shape to pull a mold from and the response was about as exciting as a Paris Hilton getting a new purse on christmas.

If you guys want a factory panel I need a set of panels that are in decent enough shape (No holes, dry rot, Waves or water damage) to pull a mold from. I've tried all the local yards but there is nothing there of course, I've tried ebay but you all know what thats like.

The panels would literally be a direct replacement for the factory stuff and you will be able to just pull off the factory upholstery (gently) and then bond the fiberglass to the factory upper door plate and spray glue the material in place.

Someone has got to have a decent set of panels!!

....and the response was about as exciting as a Paris Hilton getting a new purse on christmas.

If you guys want a factory panel I need a set of panels that are in decent enough shape (No holes, dry rot, Waves or water damage) to pull a mold from. I've tried all the local yards but there is nothing there of course, I've tried ebay but you all know what thats like.

Someone has got to have a decent set of panels!!

first off, :2thumbs: on the paris hilton joke.

secondly, I *might* be able to find two panels with good hard backing, but less than Ideal upholstery in my uncles collection O parts. I didnt reply with this earlier, because it is a might.. but I will make an effort in the vague and indeterminable future to see if I can come through on this. You *are* just talking about making a glass knock off of the stiff paperboard underneath the vinyl material, right?

Well, I promise nothing but I will see what I can do.

Greenmonster,

Yes, the first set of panels I made do require the use of a power window setup. If you read back on some of the earlier post I made a recommendation for what I think is a perfect solution and installation is as simple as pie. The second set will be direct replacements for the factory panels with none of the bells and whistles, no sparkles and glitter or any of the other fancy stuff. I may find a way to put in a telescoping stripper pole but thats a long term goal..... Just Kidding

Pete