HybridZ

This is getting rediculous....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Am I driving the Rodney Dangerfield of cars or something? I'm driving down Apache here in Tempe and some dude in a Dodge/Chryself 'Avenger' comes flying by, yeah like I'm going to try to match speed there, they use photo radar all the time on that street (A guy in a van taking pictures, I always pose scratching my head with my middle finger just in case he's lookin... :D ).

Anyway, he gets in front of me and is way ahead but slows and waits for me to catch up to turn the corner on McClintock. What the hell is he thinking, my car is far from quiet, he much know whats up I reason, but then again he went by fast and just thought I had fake cowl hood and tires and wheels on a 'old' import I guess.

Luckily this street has a underpass sort of tunnel and makes Radar pretty hard to use there, as I round the turn he goes full throttle at least it sounds like it by the fart can on it.

Well Mr. Holley finally arrives with the secondaries in tow and even though he was two car links ahead as he rounded the turn first, I'm now at the top of second and pull slightly ahead.. haha the third gear I been waiting to spring on someone.. lol, I get 4 car links almost instantly (mid range torque is such a grand thing... smile.gif ). Somehow he doesn't quite pull up even with me at the next light and decides to go straight. :rolleyes:

I'll quit posting these little triffle races, I thought this one was amusing because he must have thought he was going to smoke me or something. Just math, 2.5L NA <> 5.7L NA. smile.gif Next post I hope to have more of a challenge, but I have to be selective about where for obvious reasons. cheers.gif

Regards,

Lone

Keep posting Lone!

I was one of 40,000 "paying attendees" at ASU :cool: for 7 years and know (knew) the Apache / McClintock / Mill corridor pretty well. Brings back fond memories - back then I drove my '66 Mustang 289, 4 spd, 3.55:1.... 0 to 30 in 4 stoplights. 2thumbs.gif

Guest jwelch

Hi Lone;

Keep educating them with the Z! 2thumbs.gif I know that area well. Fun going under the bridge until you come up on the intersection PDQ! That used to be my old stomping ground in college. I lived on Broadway and College just south of ASU. That is a fun area; except for the stop lights every 1/2 mile or so. Apache used to be the crusing spot after the police shut down Central Avenue in Phoenix.

Regards,