HybridZ

Interesting Sand-Blaster..

MusPuppis

http://www.ammoman.com/RobsProjects/

Let me start by saying I'm not affiliated with Rob in any way. I came across a thread on http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/ about sandblasters and such. The plans hes selling caught my eye and they seem to come recommended by some folks there who have looked them over.

I'll be ordering a set in the next week or so.

We have a $5k 6 foot tall pot blaster, fully adjustable on pressure, it can be adjusted docile enough to work on a model car or can be turned out to blast rust off anything. At the highest setting the sand leaves the tip at 600 mph (according to the manual) and the sound is defeaning!

We have a $5k 6 foot tall pot blaster, fully adjustable on pressure, it can be adjusted docile enough to work on a model car or can be turned out to blast rust off anything. At the highest setting the sand leaves the tip at 600 mph (according to the manual) and the sound is defeaning!

Holy dog poo, Batman... 600 mph. Make sure you got the suit on for that !!

Holy dog poo, Batman... 600 mph. Make sure you got the suit on for that !!

Oh defiantely! There is a special full body suit with helmet and all. The blaster usually runs off a large trailer type 375 CFM air compressor. One of the employees actually hit his arm with the blaster for like a split second and he had a a pretty fair amount of flesh removed. I would hate to know what would have happened without all the protective layers on.

At my new shop at work, we have a walk in blast machine that is 20ft by 25ft by 10ft. It uses steel shot and/or garnet. Both can be used simultaneously and are returned with augers under floor grates, the media is then separated with air streams and magnetism then recycled. This is the mother of all blasters, it will put a serious profile on the hardest steel, it feels like sandpaper afterwards. (I'm secretly learning to powder coat and will do my suspension on a saturday when no one else is working)

At my new shop at work, we have a walk in blast machine that is 20ft by 25ft by 10ft. It uses steel shot and/or garnet. Both can be used simultaneously and are returned with augers under floor grates, the media is then separated with air streams and magnetism then recycled. This is the mother of all blasters,

Damn skippy it is.. Jeebus, lol.

Btw, I got the plans. Havent had the time to build it yet.. Probably wont be until December. Im scrambling this month to get the Z ready for prime by Thanksgiving. I have to say though, after looking them over and looking over the info on the usergroup.. I'm REALLY liking the setup. I havent priced anything yet but I'm betting I can build this thing for about 60$ or less, providing I find a cheap/free tank which wont be hard. I know a local JY that has a couple old tanks laying around in the 25gallon range, which would be perfect for my needs. If they dont just let me have em I'll be suprised. Easy as hell to put together to. Im stupid as hell and it all makes sense to me, which is amazing cause I get a headache reading fast food menu's.

Easy as hell to put together to. Im stupid as hell and it all makes sense to me, which is amazing cause I get a headache reading fast food menu's.

LOL!! Don't be so hard on yourself for being from Kentucky!!

BTW I was born and raised in Ky so I can toss that kind of joke around!! You don't get a name like Rufus up here in Buffalo!!

Haha,

Was born in Maryland actually but Ive lived here since I was 3.. so for all practical purposes.. Im a Kentuckian. We do have some smart folks here, as Im sure you know, but they keep to themselves and dont mingle with the rest of us.

Theys got homes what aint got no weels.

This guy Rob has more brains than the Harvard guys I've run into. Threw away all the corporate made junk that would not work, created his own tool that suited his own needs, made $5000 off of it so far before patent. Not too bad. Could have worked for Hughes Tool in the old days and become a millionaire like Howard did.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I just started my auto body semester and moved. I dont have a dime to my name or the time to build the blaster.

I did give the plans to my auto body teacher who's gonna build the blaster for class use though. He's a mad scientist and looked em over and was practically salivating, lol.

I'll give you guys an update as soon as I'm able.