HybridZ

running a V8 as a daily driver...

I drove my first 240Z/350/700R4 for 5 years...everyday.. in Houston. I got it with Scarab position and went to JTR immediately as well as 700R4 with overdrive locked out except in 4th to replace 350 (winds up at 60mph). This car was A/C and had mild cam, headers, intake, carb etc that was pretty stout. 200 rear with trial of both 3:55 and 3:90. Absolutely dead reliable...family has Camries so I know about reliable. It was in build and details...junk won't commute for long no matter what it is. Oh...don't forget...my second Hybrid is for sale....John

i didnt drive mine for more than two months when it was running and it never always ran right. the rings never seated, i did drive it in the middle of a connecticut winter with no door seals or carpets or insulation. it still wasnt too miserable, once that V8 warms up the heat works really nice haha. also sometimes the thing ran only on 6 cylinders (oil fouling issue) but it still ran! i was very suprised how badly it would run but still run. i have a 350 with a t5. id really suggest the 5 speed over a 4 spd auto. even running horribly i was able to get 23 mpg in rural driving. i cant wait to see what i can squeeze out of the new motor.