HybridZ

Sr20det Installed In 73 Skyline

DattoZG

hey i thought id post up my new project, i just recently finished a 1973 nissan skyline GT-X fitted with a Red Top SR20DET, specs are stock internals, intercooler and radiator installed as a V-Mount setup, all 3 " piping, intercooler and downpipe. greddy pulleys, greddy style intake manifold, custom top mount turbo manifold, custom DP, custom X-member, hybrid turbo turbonetics t3/t4 60-1 hifi stage 5, 300zx turbo pump custom installed in stock tank, tial BOV, hks wastegate, greddy manual boost controller, 550cc nismo inj, stock 5 speed gearboc, all earls fittings, i still need to get the micrtec lt-8 stand alone computer installed and will be dynoing the car as well, looking to shut down the car as soon as i hit 400rwhp with race gas. ill keep you all updated as soon as i add more to the car, hopefully if tax return is nice to me this year ill be refitting the turbo with a GT30R BB turbo. thanks

mikey

heres the link to the pictures

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19369

Do I hear the angels singing? I think God agrees this is a a righteous swap. Man it's clean. I love the intercooler/radiator mount. Friend of mine just finished a V IC/rad setup on his FD, really helps weight distro. I'd love to see some pics once it's all finished (body and all).

EDIT: just saw the pics from the post above, dang I'd hate to race against that. Looks wicked man.

omg thats pure sex.

thats the way i was gonna do the V-mount install on the SR20DET S12 i had.. but the new owner didnt wanna spend the money..

greattttttt job!

mike

that car looks awesome!!.. great swap and alot of detail went into it you can tell. One thing I dont get is the V mount of the IC. it seems like it would get heat soaked and there is nowhere for the air to go after it passes through. Just dont see the benifit from that way unless space was limited of course. Again.. that is a great looking skyline and a sweet swap. I bet she moves..

im going to be making a mold of my hood made of fiberglass and run a reverse hood scoop for the air to pass through the i/c....the radiaor has 2 HUGE fans behind the ron davis radiator, it has a custom shroud, im not done with the motor still have some other small details, i still have to make shrouds the sides of the radiator and i/c. as for now my im going to prop the hood about 1" to vent out the air to the rear but it will be fine.

heres a link to a G35 with same v-mount setup.

http://superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0508_signal/index2.html

it was built by signal auto, if you see the black hood, that the same hood scoop ill be making.

theres ways i can go about it, i can add fans to the i/c, vent the hood, run hood scoop, etc..not worried about the air being soaked. i just wanted to do a different setup.

mikey

i can prolly get the tail lights but i assure they will not be cheap. the closet i can get them are in austrailia...forget getting them in japan its gonna cost triple the price. so if your interested ill email my friend and see if he would ship to US and what it would cost. that would definatley look crazy on a 240z.

mikey

Mikey,

The Ken and Mary is coming along great. So is the whole thing painted or just the engine bay? Need more pics, have you updated cardomain?

On my end, my Ross pistons finally came in, Wats have been on for a while check out the thread if you missed it. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/...ead.php?t=18850

All other parts are purchased just waiting for the motor to finish so I can start assembly.

I was just out in your neck of the woods last week for 4 days in Huntington Beach. I met a guy who has a sweet 240Z w/ RB25DET that I am thinking about to compliment my L6 Turbo.

I am still trying to track down 2 15x8 XR-4 no luck so far....

Later,

• 4 weeks later...