HybridZ

12v source

oinojo

okay for the main relay i have it connected for the (on) position on my ignition. I also have the fuel pump relay in the same location for #86 (yellow)on the relay. Is this correct or is MS suppose to be connected to Accessories? I know its a dumb question but i still cant connect to my MS unit with my laptop and im trying to work out some way to get it to work.

yes i realize it would be easier to just buy a stim board but if anyone could help me out without using it would be great. I dont have 75 bucks spare for me to buy a stim.

I am no expert, I recently assembled my 1st MS 2.2 board but I have several years in electronics. First thing I would verify that the com port is communicating with the MS. If you go to the assembly instructions http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mass.htm#guide you will find instructions for jumpering pin 2 and 3 on the db9 serial connector that connects to the MS and testing the connection with Hyperterminal. If that works I would verify that I had 12 volts to pin 26 on the MS db 37 connector when the ignition switch is on. Of course I would check the ground connections to the MS and relays. BTW I think you want power to the pin 86 on both relays both in the start and run position but not in the accessory position. Good luck. Norm