HybridZ

Zisizit Body Kits

Jeff Frankel

Does anyone have any info and pictures of the products offered by Zisizit of Las Vegas? I am sure that they are no longer in business, but the one picture I have seen of their modifications to the Z body look very interesting. I am interested in learning more about the body kit. If anyone has a Z with their mos, please post a picture. Thanks.

ZISIZIT of Nevada sent me an original brochure long ago. Several months ago I scanned the full page front cover showing several views of the kit and 4 cylinder setup of the ZISIZIT kit. A scaled down version of that scan can be viewed in my new Z CAR SHOWCASE online reference archive that I have been developing at my site at

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcsc/default.html

Look in the Body KitsZISIZIT sub gallery

NOTE: a much expanded Demo version # 4 of the Z CAR SHOWCASE was just uploaded to the server yesterday. Aprox. 100 more images have been added. The body kits, Featured Cars and Racing Z Cars galleries have some particularly new and interestng cars and photos in them now.

Feed back, pro or con, on the Z CAR SHOWCASE concept would be most appreciated. Send comments to eric@zparts.com

Hey Eric, I like the new gallery ! Only problem I see is that it has a couple of hitches running in Firefox on Suse, I can only view one image at a time, clicking on another image from the "filmstrip" does nothing for me after that., I have to load the menu again. I'll check and see if there is a Flash update...

Nice pics of the Hollywood kit, did you finally get to take pictures yourself ?

Jason

Regarding photos of the yellow Hollywood Z Spyder Kit in the Z CAR SHOWCASE (ZCSC) display, I am the photographer that took all those photos. If you see them being used to advertise the kit on the internet, other than on my site, I'd appreciate a heads up on where you've seen them because I suspect the person building the kit may be using them without my permission to sell it elsewhere without my knowledge, possibly on eBay.

Note, the pic of your tube'd front end Z project that's up in the Tilt Front end page at http://www.zparts.com/showcase/bodykits/S301pc_front/tiltfrt_sample.htm will eventually be moved into the ZCSC display, but I have not decided on what gallery to publish it in. Any suggestions? You have enough similar photos of your project that I could build a gallery around to showcase your project's concepts and solutions?

BELOW IS FURTHER REPLY TO JASON, BUT NOT STRONGLY RELATED TO Z CARS so most here may want to stop reading further unless you are into computer tech and or want to know more about my new Z CAR SHOWCASE photo display project.

Jason, you always give me solid and useful feed back on tech issues. Most appreciated. So SUSE is your favorite flavor of choice in Linux Land these days or just the package that you are testing at the moment? Is Red Hat still the big contender or not these days?

I have intermittently encountered same problem of hang up related to clicking on the thumbnail bar when viewed in one or more Mac or Win browsers, but not often or consistently. It's happening more with newest Demo version 4 than in past demo versions so I need to look into it. The Z CAR SHOWCASE (ZCSC) display being Flash & JAVA based, there can be many issues involved when someone's machine runs into a display or function problem while viewing it. As time allows, I will do my best to address major bugs and viewing problems reported by visitors so I hope many will report problems that they encounter.

At minimum, Flash Player 7 is requred to view the display, but the newest Flash Player 8 will show more features in display and probably less viewing problems like you mentioned.

More DETAILS on the Z CAR SHOWCASE display project.

One year ago I contracted an Indian Flash developer based in Ireland, to customize my basic Z CAR SHOWCASE display concept. We now have so many whiz bang features built into it that it's increasingly difficult to address all bugs after each new program update.

Although, not yet revealed in current demo 4 of the ZCSC display, eventually;

1. Z car enthusiasts will be able to subscribe to the growing display (now 400 images, 2000 projected within one year) as an RSS feed (how's that for "forward thinking"?)

2. Use it's PayPal based shopping cart to purchase photo prints of their cars at events that I cover in the future.

3. Leave online viewable public comments or questions related to each photo, hopefully relevant to other Z owner's interests.

4. Pan & zoom extra large technical documents such as full size scans of factory wiring diagrams and "how to" tech illustrations such as Terry Oxendale has sent me several of in the past of CV axle swaps and brake conversion mix & match experiments.

5. Download what I call "Z Car Art" images with or without monthly calender overlays in sizes appropriate for use as computer screen "wall paper" images.

6. In the future Z car owners with a set of "class act" Z car related photos will be able to upload their images into select, password protected "user" showcase galleries.

7. A "Full Screen" version is in the works with even more "Bells & Whistle" features, but before I can demonstrate most of them, I will need to shop around for a more forward thinking web hosting company, because my very reliable hosting service of 7 years is just not keeping up with the technology changes on the internet that I will need in the future.

Thanks much for the feedback Jason.

Again, direct link to the Z CAR SHOWCASE display project demo 4 version is at

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcsc/default.html

Eric, on the pics, no that is the first time I have seen those, I knew I had not seen them before, and back when we talked about this kit, I think I remember you saying you were trying to get better pictures. All I have / have seen are from the original 90's promotion.

Interesting thing on the new "Showcase", I looked at a few other sections, and they work fine, but the convertibles section still doesn't load any pics after the first for me. I did update Flash, they still are on 7 for Linux, but there was a recent update. I restarted Firefox after the update, but it's not impossible I have the page cached with a problem. I'll let you know.

As far as flavors of Linux, I went with Suse because when I built my last box Red Hat was in the middle of the switch over to Fedora and I did not like the hassles I got into with it in it's infancy. Suse has lived up to its reputation with me, cranky to get installed and running, but once you do, flawless.

Jason

As semi interesting as Hollywood Motorsports' original mid 1990's advertising shots may have seemed way back when, I found them way too tacky looking and sub parr for my tastes when the designer and I first set out to market the conversion kit on my site so I refused to publish them in any ADs I created for it. May have dented his ego a bit, but mine felt right on track with no regrets.

The good luck was that one of my customers, which had a stage II kit installed on his roadster Z project, called up one freez'in afternoon to ask whether I'd like to see his car now that it was freshly painted yellow and out of the body shop. While he froze to death in the windy chill in the street in front of my shop, I quickly set up the shots in what turned out to be just the right angle and quality of light and "worked" all the "round Robin" photo angles to death, most of which were taken from a 12' ladder so I could maximize the drama of the yellow car with a dark background all around it. For my 30 minute effort the owner and I were rewarded with a knock out set of photos of his car, the best of which you can now review in the new photo display.

About the problems in viewing the Convertibles gallery. Don't adjust your TV set just quite yet. I am recreating the same problem with FireFox and Safari on the my Mac I can see that the problem is not just at your end using Linux & Firefox. I have passed along your experiences to the programer that is developing the Flash/JAVA based program for me. He's usually prompt in looking into these type of glitches so most likely it'll be fixed within the coming week.

Thanks again for the heads up on this one.